I think this is a cracking bike but what am I missing?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Would have been interesting to see what the same/similar bike (i.e. same motor/battery) did with standard NuVinci and/or other hub gear systems. It does make you wonder whether the Hamrony system was correctly adjusted as we have had good feedback from people who have tried them.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've been thinking about the Harmony system. Alex and I went on the same bike, me directly after him. He's 25kg lighter than me, and just went round the course with normal riding He came back saying that it was pretty good. I've noticed on my manual Nuvinci that it takes a lot of effort to change down when going up a steep hill (hence the various reported slipping cables). At the test track, I slowed down on the hill to try and make the Harmony change down, but it wouldn't. I'm thinking that the servo doesn't have enough power to change gear under those conditions, i.e. with large force on the chain from the motor plus pedalling going up a steep hill with significant weight. It's probably better with a light rider on a light bike.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
I'm glad that people are reporting positive things about their Sirocco CD's it just didn't have the power I needed

my ezee cadence is a lot of fun to ride I do wish it had a little more range like the Sirocco with it's 15ah battery but I can't complain as it climbs any hill - can't ask for much more than that