If money was no object...

D

Deleted member 4366

Q128C, KT sine-wave controller (14A), 48v 11.6Ah battery.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If money was no object, this is a 7150 € trike:
azub-ti-fly-26-recumbent-trike-side-2.jpg
36 V Q100H - 19 speed pinion on the front and single speed SA freewheel in the back with 48 V battery big enough for 200+ km rides.

Or a Bafang Max drive in the front on a custom welded boom with a Rohloff in the rear wheel...

Or both versions, one for the weekend :)

Reactions: Woosh

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
So I'd have a Cove Hummer hardtail frame with bbs02

With very expensive front air suspension forks (topend rockshox for example). A nice sus post like the suntour or thudbuster

A b17 Brooks saddle

On one Mary bars

Hydro disc brakes . Shimano or avid upper end

Rohlhoff hub gears

Lekkie bling ring

Best /smallest battery for most Ah that Jimmy at insat can design when I throw money at him!

D

Deleted member 4366

Those speeds and range from that battery is most impressive !
You don't get both at the same time!

It cruises on the flat at about 20 mph with 250w from the battery when you pedal medium. That would give 40 miles from a 500wh battery, but mine's actually 400wH (measured), so would do 32 miles. If it's hilly, that goes down to about 25 miles. Level 1 is 60w, so it'll go for 6 hours and 40 minutes. That's without free-wheeling, so you can say about 7.5 hours journey time at an average of 14 mph, which is 105 miles. To get 129 miles, I turned the power off sometimes when it was easy to pedal.

The power is fixed levels, so it's easy to calculate or estimate the range on any level. The display shows the watts and you can see that they don't change much until you select a different level.

Reactions: topographer

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
You don't get both at the same time!

It cruises on the flat at about 20 mph with 250w from the battery when you pedal medium. That would give 40 miles from a 500wh battery, but mine's actually 400wH (measured), so would do 32 miles. If it's hilly, that goes down to about 25 miles. Level 1 is 60w, so it'll go for 6 hours and 40 minutes. That's without free-wheeling, so you can say about 7.5 hours journey time at an average of 14 mph, which is 105 miles. To get 129 miles, I turned the power off sometimes when it was easy to pedal.

The power is fixed levels, so it's easy to calculate or estimate the range on any level. The display shows the watts and you can see that they don't change much until you select a different level.
Ahh, makes more sense

#alwaysreadthesmallprint ;)

Quator94

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 25, 2017
Germany
www.ebiketester24.de
If money was no object, this is a 7150 € trike:
View attachment 21129
36 V Q100H - 19 speed pinion on the front and single speed SA freewheel in the back with 48 V battery big enough for 200+ km rides.

Or a Bafang Max drive in the front on a custom welded boom with a Rohloff in the rear wheel...

Or both versions, one for the weekend :)
Wow, worth more than my car :eek:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Does your car have titanium leaf springs and a 19 speed gearbox? :cool: I bet it would cost a lot more if it did.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ahh, makes more sense

#alwaysreadthesmallprint ;)
On the same note a guy in Brittany designed and built a 10 kg wood velomobile body with so-so aerodynamics for his trike and measured a 30% increase in speed. If you continue to ride at the same speed as without that would also translate to about 30% more range.