I'm after folding xl bike

Pedrinho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 11, 2016
London
Hi guys,

I'd like to reach for your opinion regarding bike I'm after but first let me describe my criteria:
  1. I'd like bike with as big battery as possible as I want to use it for other purpose (as described on another thread).
  2. It has to be foldable as I want to store it on the front of my van and still be able to drive van around.
  3. I want it to be as much versatile as possible in terms of actual riding hence I'm looking at the "XL" version
That's pretty much it. I've got 0 experience with electric bikes and never ride one. From the internet research I have selected this one http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/byocycle-chameleon-fdxl-folding-electric-bike . Any opinions, advices, recommendations? Thanks!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Go and test ride at least 5 bikes, 20 would be better. Test ride and test again. Then you will know what bike suits. A separate battery pack for the camper is also advisable. Cheaper and easy to replace.

• Agree
Reactions: JuicyBike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Pedrinho, when you say the front of your van do you mean the footwell of the passenger seat? Get down to Kudos bicycles in Whitstable to look at the K16 and the Secret, both lightweight and compact bikes.

Pedrinho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 11, 2016
London
Pedrinho, when you say the front of your van do you mean the footwell of the passenger seat? Get down to Kudos bicycles in Whitstable to look at the K16 and the Secret, both lightweight and compact bikes.
Hi, Ideally footwell but depends on requirements i can try to fit it across too. As long as it's not on the way of operating van. I've checked your suggestions online. Non of these is XL bike.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hi, Ideally footwell but depends on requirements i can try to fit it across too. As long as it's not on the way of operating van. I've checked your suggestions online. Non of these is XL bike.
What do you mean by XL, extra large or cross country?