IMPRESSIONS OF ELYSIUM RELAY OR ECO EXPEDITION BIKE

Andrew Brown

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
worcestershire
I am looking at these two bikes. The Eco Expedition seems good for the money with a 10 amp hour battery compared to the 7 am hour battery on the elysium which I think is on the 8 side of 7 anyway. The Expedition has 21 gears compared to 6 on the elysium and the Expedition has a proper digital display whereas the elsysium has a simple affair with lights and a simpole speedo and less easily cracked . The elysium witha front motor probably has less chance of breaking spokes and easier to manage rear wheel punctures.
I wonder does anyone here have experience of either of these bikes ? The Expedition currently available just under 700 and the Elysium at 549.

Both look really alright for light to medium use on the road.

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
I am looking at these two bikes. The Eco Expedition seems good for the money with a 10 amp hour battery compared to the 7 am hour battery on the elysium which I think is on the 8 side of 7 anyway. The Expedition has 21 gears compared to 6 on the elysium and the Expedition has a proper digital display whereas the elsysium has a simple affair with lights and a simpole speedo and less easily cracked . The elysium witha front motor probably has less chance of breaking spokes and easier to manage rear wheel punctures.
I wonder does anyone here have experience of either of these bikes ? The Expedition currently available just under 700 and the Elysium at 549.

Both look really alright for light to medium use on the road.
Of those two I'd prefer the latter because I don't fancy a front motor and wouldn't want to be without an LCD. Some people say they repair rear punctures without removing the wheel by wangling the tube out, patching the damage and wangling it back in. Never done it me sen though.