Insecure password warning

Discussion in 'Site announcements, feedback, and support' started by jdallan, Mar 6, 2018.

1. jdallan

jdallan Pedelecer

This may have been covered before, however I have just noticed that when I open the Pedelecs site in Firefox the address bar on my PC shows a lock icon with red strike-through [​IMG]. Firefox advice is "login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password, it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers" and suggests "If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the URL in the address bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection."

I've tried the "https://" suggestion without success. Any advice from Admin?

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  2. rsscott

rsscott Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jim,

The site is being upgraded soon to the latest forum software and along with that we'll be adding a SSL certificate which will get rid of that message.

I'll stick a post on the forum when it's been done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jdallan

jdallan Pedelecer

Many thanks.

Jim

4. jdallan

jdallan Pedelecer

I hadn't noticed before, but just for info, it's only the main Pedelec page which produces the warning. Individual forums do not.

Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice