Insurance

bristolstromer

Just Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Bristol
I am currently looking for insurance for my Stromer ST1x, which seems to be impossible. I've been fine for the past 3 years with bikesure, though now all big insurers seem to say 'there is no market for it'. This despite Stromer having gone through the motions of having the bike listed so it comes up in the dropdowns of comparison sites. I am at a complete loss - I've tried bikesure, lexham, bennetts, policylink - you name it. Even BIBA (the British Insurance Brokers' Association) keeps referring me back to bikesure.

Any help/pointers would be much appreciated - thank you!

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Try applying for a 'riders' policy? may go under a different name now but its an insurance policy aimed at someone who rides a number different bikes. iirc generally they only are interested in the largest most powerful bike you intend to ride for quotation purposes wink wink.. been a couple of decades since i had motorcycle cover so things may have changed..

Reactions: bristolstromer

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Try applying for a 'riders' policy? may go under a different name now but its an insurance policy aimed at someone who rides a number different bikes. iirc generally they only are interested in the largest most powerful bike you intend to ride for quotation purposes wink wink.. been a couple of decades since i had motorcycle cover so things may have changed..
They stopped those a long time ago.

Advertisers