Intermittent power loss when peddling

Drake-601

Pedelecer
May 13, 2018
Greater Manchester
check your magnet disc. Mud may get trapped between the disc and the sensor head. If you don't know where it is, it's on the drive side, between the chain ring and the frame. It needs to be close to the pedal sensor head and not touch anything, spin in sync with your cranks. If your sensor head has an LED, the latter should blink when the magnets pass in front of the sensor head. Push the magnet disc as close as possible to the sensor head.
Hi Woosh.

Just wanted to thank you also for your advice about the mag plate / sensor area - your advice also got me looking in the right area for the problem from the very start. Here's what I posted to d8veh:

Hi d8veh - SUCCESS! I took the new sensor & mag plate to my local bike fella and although, for various reasons, it took just over 2 hours for him to fit with my (little) assistance; it was indeed the issue (a nick in the wire of the old sensor) and is now working just fine! He couldn't get the sensor QUITE as close to the new mag plate as the last one was and I expressed my concern about this before he secured all else and, so, he managed to get it a little closer. But, as I say, it's been working just fine since and thanks to your help at least I know what I'm talking about a lot more that I did before coming onto this forum.

Cheers Woosh!