Introducing myself, also bought a Kudos stealth...

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Ta. Struggling with the ratios here. That's what I was trying to figure out.

I assume it works at 0 to max 205 rpm. What magical numbers do I need to plug into what formula to get a theoretical derestricted mph? It's been yonks since I've played with this kind of maths/physics etc.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There are loads of different versions with different speeds. If you want to know the speed of yours, derestrict it, lift the wheel off the ground and spin it up to maximum, then you can tell us what it is.
I've just checked, 24.5mph, no load speed.
Motor winding code: 10

• Informative
Reactions: BornAgainCyclist

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I hope by this winter people will realize how good the Rio FB is in all weather commuting.
It's not just powerful, it's sure-footed and brakes very well.

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Thanks Tony. Get those 27.5 wheels in (tyre choice as well as more appropriately sized for road commuting IMO) and you will have me visiting Southend.

I assume the 27.5 will be slightly quicker that the 26 no load speed as well.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That's wrong even if it has 205 rpm written on it. Where did you get 205 rpm from?
I picked the wrong info from the Bafang website.

Sorry about that.

It should have been 290 RPM

24.5mph = 302 RPM.
(24.5 * 1609 / (60 * 2.17) )

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
I don't have any electric bike at the moment, we've spoken re self build options versus off the shelf privately (thanks again for the info you gave me).

The C2W scheme makes self build look quite expensive and I also saw decent donor bike prices go nuts at the time. The reality is the FB or Karoo are on paper looking like the right tools for the job, the FB seems more suited to the hills between my bed and the pay cheque.

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't have any electric bike at the moment, we've spoken re self build options versus off the shelf privately (thanks again for the info you gave me).
This thread is supposed to be about the Kudos Stealth. Look at the title. The problem is that Woosh muscle their bikes into every single discussion now. The moderators are supposed to stop that, but I guess Woosh are the only paying subscriber left, so they can't do anything. They should make that clear by changing the forum or site's name to The Woosh Bikes Forum. If something doesn't change, it's back to Endless Sphere again for me. Forum members are no longer getting impartial advice. Every one is getting rail-roaded to a Woosh bike, except the snobs, who think they have to spend thousand to get a decent bike.

Reactions: Croxden

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I didn't barge in - I replied you your question(s) and others, and always keep my replies brief.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Every one is getting rail-roaded to a Woosh bike, except the snobs, who think they have to spend thousand to get a decent bike.
like when? can you substantiate that claim?