Is £800 enough money to spend on an everyday ride to work bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's loads of new electric bikes on Ebay at prices from £300 to £500. Some of them look pretty good. All of them work and they nearly all have 36v lithium batteries.Just because they're cheap, it doesn't mean that they won't last, though without dealer support, it'll help a lot if you have basic fixing skills. There's nothing in any of them that would be difficult or expensive to fix.

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
There's loads of new electric bikes on Ebay at prices from £300 to £500. Some of them look pretty good. All of them work and they nearly all have 36v lithium batteries.Just because they're cheap, it doesn't mean that they won't last, though without dealer support, it'll help a lot if you have basic fixing skills. There's nothing in any of them that would be difficult or expensive to fix.
I'll have a look and see what's out there, I'm pretty hands on, so don't mind maintenance and part replacement

D

Deleted member 4366

If you see one you like, post a link. They each have different features, of which some are desirable, others can be less desirable.

Bindo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2016
My batribike was less than £800. an i'm banking on it being a commuter for years to come

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I entered e biking with a cyclotricity revolver ..now in in its 4th year and approx. 2500 miles and still going strong.. taken a bit og maintenance.. 2 years later I built a Saracen tufftrax and ebc kit..rear hub drive..is slightly better components .. loving it .. if didn't have these and were in the market for a new bike for road and light track I would probably consider the batribike storm . test drove one and was very comfy with its basic rear suspension.. if I were onroad all the time the woosh karoo would be the one for me... just my thoughts
regards