Just added mud guards...

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Do people not work in their gardens/allotments etc, or does that also imply that they get paid? And yes I do enjoy trail building, but it is still work.

LP, a few mudguard shots for you. As said, I don't use them because of practical reasons, and nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Don't understand the word work used here. I thought you enjoyed making trails which makes any anger understandable. .. Work implies you were paid to do a job.
Some work is just for the good and benefit of yourself and others. I've been working, snipping overgrown dog trails in our area. Unpaid of course. DIY is sometimes easier than just living with it.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
How about if we forget the word mud, and we call them splash guards instead, so we don't get splashed by surface water? :rolleyes:

Do we all feel better now? :D

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
All of your pics look good Ed, with or without accessories. :p I must take my rear mudhugger off and make a no mudguard video soon. It's been so effective, I want to see what it's like without one. I fear that it won't go well. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0652_01.JPG
see i got a mud guard :)

• :D

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Bugger to clean under there eh?
Not if you fit the mtb version of one of these. https://www.cyclerepublic.com/catalog/product/view/id/36406/s/ass-saver-brookshield-narrow-mudguard/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy4bsnMfp1gIVQkAbCh2mOgcHEAQYBSABEgI01PD_BwE

Mine lasted for two evenings before I lost patience with it, and binned it. A highly effective guard, but just constantly got in way when lifting the bike over fences and gates.

A good choice for normal use though, and small enough just to fit into a back pack.

• Informative

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Was about to place an order online for a pair of Mudhuggers but can't get any discount codes to work, so I shall ring them tomorrow and try and get a deal as they are £52 for front & rear!!!!

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0633.JPG
there both in the shed some where lol ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I add extras to mine lol
all that is going to do is fill up with mud and water better of just using electric tape over the case seems in the middle.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A and EddiePJ

Old1Eye

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2017
Finland, Oulu.
all that is going to do is fill up with mud and water better of just using electric tape over the case seems in the middle.
it drains out of the back, as it slops backwards and open at the rear/bottom.
Its mainly to stop the grit and gravel, as the grit heavily here due to 8 months of snow.

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Was out today on the bike, and I suddenly though why I use mudguards. I know there are a lot of arguments against, but today's mud and water made me think. Despite all the arguments against using them, they actually keep most of the mud, water and crap away from my £600 motor.... if that's not a good enough reason... there can't be a better one. :)

Related Articles

Advertisers