Kalkhoff Agattu impulse

SteveR08

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2015
Hi, my bike was just over 1 year old and done 700 miles when the motor started driving itself, once the bike was switched on it just took off on its own at high speed making it highly dangerous. A new motor was fitted by 50 Cycles at Durham.
After this the bike has run okay apart from the chain snapping and needing adjusting every week. The chain guard snapped.
So just over a year later we have come down to the South of France with my bike and Mt wife's Kalkhoff bike for a 6 week cycling holiday and guess What? My bike has no power and will not work.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

Ted B.

Pedelecer
May 28, 2016
Guildford
So just over a year later we have come down to the South of France with my bike and Mt wife's Kalkhoff bike for a 6 week cycling holiday and guess What? My bike has no power and will not work.
Unfortunately, the Kalkhoff Agattu models and other models fitted with the Kalkhoff Impulse motors (Pro Connect 9 or 10, Sahel Compact, Tasman, Endeavour, Ergo...) are plagued with reliability issues. They are just not designed to last a long time, and both the manufacturer (Derby Cycles) and the UK exclusive reseller (50 Cycles) are fully aware, but don't have a suitable resolution, apart from replacing the motors with the same flawed ones again and again.

I am afraid the Agattu would not be fit for a 6 week's cycling holiday, particularly if you are going to cycle far from a Kalkhoff reseller.

Check the various threads on this forum and others.

• Agree
Reactions: oriteroom