Kalkhoff Agatu electrical repair work

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
Hi all, my wife's Kalkhoff has had an unfortunate accident and the electrical cable ( 8 core I think) has been pulled out of the handlebar mounted controller. Our local Kalkhoff retailer has advised that this unit is not repairable and entire control system needs to be replaced. This is estimated to cost around £150 and on top of that he has now had the part on order for almost three weeks with no sign of it arriving. He says this is not uncommon.
I keep wondering if it would be possible to solder the original cable back in place and just get the bike back on the road. Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience of this? I can't actually look at the bike without getting it back from the dealer.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Anything is possible if the correct wiring/solder positions are known.

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
4bound,
There is a similar tale here:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/kalkhoff-pro-connect-s-2010-2011-wiring-help-please.19843/

The link in post #11 gives error 404, but the OP did get success by emailing Pro Cycling-Golla:

https://www.pro-cycling-golla.de/

Email:

info@pro-cycling-golla.de

Extract:

It is clear that controllers are fairly motor specific, and it suggests that if you were buying you needed contact them with motor number to be sure of getting the right controller. Not suggesting that at 284 euro you buy one, but you might get lucky and he is willing to look at the controller and tell you the wire to pin couplings. Long shot but worth a try? My German has to rely on copying and pasting into Google translate!

horse

Just Joined
Feb 22, 2021
I know this is an old thread but I have just joined and this link may help people. I have a similar problem with both the main plug and the switch plug having been dystroyed so Im looking for wiring info to. But here is a teardown of the Agutta Smart Bluetooth Display showing all the wiring for the 3 cable MU170517006 display.