kalkhoff sahel i8 compact

philo

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
manchester
had the kalkhoff sahel 2 months and needed a new motor. unfortunately the impulse 2.2 will not work with this bike. the dealer has tried 2 new 2.2 motors to no avail. original problem motor failed. new problem with the 2.2 the lcd does not work properly and no acceleration. any ideas

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
full refund the bike is not fit for purpose.

philo

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
manchester
full refund the bike is not fit for purpose.
hi, thanks for your reply. yes that would be right. but the battery fell out of the frame a few weeks ago and caused minor physical damage the battery works perfectly. it would be refund minus cost of battery

D

Deleted member 4366

hi, thanks for your reply. yes that would be right. but the battery fell out of the frame a few weeks ago and caused minor physical damage the battery works perfectly. it would be refund minus cost of battery
The battery holding mechanism should be fool-proof. If the battery fell out, one could argue that It's not fit for purpose either, or it was faulty. It has to be one or the other unless you did it deliberately.

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
I am no fool, and it wasn’t done deliberately. It was a faulty lock. Why would anyone with a expensive bike do that. Prefer to have replies that make sense
I believe it makes sense, very important sense in that by the shear fact you say the lock was "faulty", allowing the battery to fall and be damaged, that is simply another aspect where it is "not fit for purpose"?