Kit for a 160mm dropout

calcal

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2018
Essex
I have bought a non functioning old ebike for repair and plan to buy a full kit to get it running again.

The YosePower kits on ebay (350w) look ideal but I see that they are for 135mm dropout width. My frame rear dropout is 160mm and I have yet to find one for this size.

I am sure that the frame can be tightened to fit but I worry it would put too much strain on the frame. Could a 135mm kit be used with spacers? The disc brake further complicates matters.

D

Deleted member 4366

You could use the opportunity to fit a Xiongda kit. I had to stretch my frame to 150mm to fit mine. The Xiongda is the two-speed motor that can winch you up any hill. They're not expensive and Xiongda after-sales support is exemplary. You cab buy the motor, controller, LCD, PAS and throttle directly from them, but you have to build the wheel yourself and get a battery from somewhere. I'd recommend the 48v version because it has more power, which you can reduce when you don't need it, but with the 36v version, you can't turn the power up.

calcal

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2018
Essex
Thanks, I will take a look at the Xiongda you suggest. Aliexpress for this?

Clutching at straws - do you think it would be too much for the 160mm dropout frame if I were to tighten the bolts to handle a 135mm hub?

D

Deleted member 4366

Clutching at straws - do you think it would be too much for the 160mm dropout frame if I were to tighten the bolts to handle a 135mm hub?
Yes, they normally are have space for a band brake, so you would end up with the wheel not central. All you need is a motor with a long axle so you could put a spacer where the brake would be.