Kit for Birdy?

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018
Apart from some old threads can’t find any advice here on whether poss to fit a front electric hub to a Birdy Rohloff. I have the possibility of buying a used mk2 with v brakes in good order. Would only be interested if I can electrify it. Already have a R and M Tinker so a fan of the brand. Any ideas?

• Disagree
Reactions: colinstone

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I would recommend a TSDZ2 kit.
Its simple operation and wiring are good features in comparison to a front hub or a Bafang BBS.

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
There's a huge thread on the TSDZ2 on endless sphere, i know because i have read most of it. I have a TSDZ2 350w its OK but the display doesn't do volts but you can get a brass gear to replace the nylon one. Last week Woosh had nothing good to say about mid drives and this week they are the best thing since sliced bread, guess he's lining up a good deal on them lol.

Osirius

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2016
Clacton-on-sea
Apart from some old threads can’t find any advice here on whether poss to fit a front electric hub to a Birdy Rohloff. I have the possibility of buying a used mk2 with v brakes in good order. Would only be interested if I can electrify it. Already have a R and M Tinker so a fan of the brand. Any ideas?
I have a birdy rohloff with disc brakes and I have been told that the disc brakes are on the wrong side to install a front hub, it is possible for v-brake birdys. I have also looked at mid-drive solutions, but they will not allow the birdy to fully fold.

Thalys and Eurostar will not allow me to carry a non-foldable bike as standard luggage on their trains.

I am still looking for a retrofit solution.