KT C15 parameter

RogerA

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
I have just bought a new LCD5 to replace my LCD4, because the up and down buttons were failing... The up button kept operating without being pressed and the down button barely worked at all.
The new LCD5 has an extra parameter C15 to set. The possible values are 4,5 or 6. I can't find any mention of this parameter in any manual I've found online. Does anyone know what it's for and what the values mean?

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Normally, the LCD and controller are bought together. It is possible that your LCD has some additional customised function. (Some of the earlier Cyclotricity LCD1's had an extra P6). Anyhow,I would be inclined to leave this setting alone ( at its default value) if possible in case it has some kind of custom function like a locked speed restriction with password etc.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most lcd5 are v1, do any markings on your screens back say different.

I have not yet come across seeing C15 parameter.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Where/whom did the LCD5 come from ?

RogerA

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
I think I've found what it is. I downloaded an LCD10 manual from the Kunteng website and that has C15 in as walk assist speed, which makes sense with the allowed values of 4, 5 or 6.

The display says V1.0 on the back. I bought it off a seller on ebay as I wanted something quite quickly since I was fed up with the bike unexpectedly shooting up to assist level 5.

Reactions: Nealh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The display says V1.0 on the back. I bought it off a seller on ebay as I wanted something quite quickly since I was fed up with the bike unexpectedly shooting up to assist level 5.
Your controller works in three separate modes that change automatically during normal operation:

1. Pedalling without using the throttle gives POWER according to the assist level you have selected. That's assuming you have "torque simulation" selected, otherwise you get SPEED according to the assist level selected.
2. Throttle without pedalling. The throttle will work as a speed controller as long as you don't pedal.
3. Operate the throttle while pedalling. The throttle works as a switch to give instant maximum power (level 5).

Mode 3 will work both ways round. If you're controlling speed by only using the throttle and you start to pedal, you get instant level 5 power. If you're using pedal assist power and come to a short hill or need a burst of speed or power, you twist the throttle to get level 5 power as long as you don't stop pedalling.

It's a brilliant system - so convenient and useful. All ebikes should work like that. It's much better than torque sensors and the other rubbish ideas they get.

Advertisers