KT controllers - KT-LCD6 now displays cadence

pn_day

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
St Andrews, Fife
Hi all,

I was looking for a replacement display for my trusty KT-LCD3 (also labelled by BMS Battery as an S-LCD3) as the control button casing has split, and the display is a little wide for the current location.

I noticed that the new generation includes LCD6 - which is in a portrait orientation, and much to my delight, now also displays the current cadence - useful for those with a crank motor.

I've not got it yet so can't give a review, but thought it might be of interest to others with a crank drive using an external controller (e.g. GSM).

See
http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=438

Cheers,
Phil

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes it is on my list of "things to buy maybe" for about a year now :)

At the moment I am leaning towards a cheap Chinese cadence meter which I can use on the un-motorised trike. When it does get motorised it will have two screens anyway and I was kind of hoping the LCD would be replaced by an eggrider.

pn_day

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
St Andrews, Fife
Cheers AK - I placed an order with BMSb for an S06SC anyway, so have also ordered the new display. I'll let you know my thoughts.

(The S12S is great for using with the GSM crank drive since I modified the output current, except that the speed cut-off is relative to the motor speed, not the wheel speed. At the moment I have both a momentary and latching switch setup to kill the motor, and switch off when I am up to speed - saves fiddling with the assist levels all the time.)

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
I bought one a couple of months ago from AliExpress so that i could see my pedalling speed, i plan to do the next build as a centre drive and kept reading that you need to be doing a decent pedalling rpm for the motor to be efficient. So i have spent the last couple of months trying to keep my cadence above 60 rpm. The display seems to be accurate, i have done a count using the timer on my phone over a minute and felt it was correct (a bit like doing your heart rate) so have been happy to trust it. Everything else seems the same as the KT-lcd3.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Compared to the 20a dual KT controllers the S12S also a KT is massive.