KTM E-Race P 27.5 - Derestriction

Kempy

Just Joined
Mar 10, 2017
High Peak
Hiya

I'm about to take delivery of a KTM E-Race P 27.5 and wonder if anyone can help regarding possible de-restriction for when I go "off-road" ;)

As I understand it, it will do 15MPH and then any speed over 15MPH the motor cuts out?

Many thanks

Paul

• Dislike
Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: D8ve

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i never checked the bike lol no it wont work with that bike there is no option to remove the speed limit.

just one of the handful that cant be done.

D

Deleted member 4366

Actually, that bike might be one of the easiest to derestrict if you're any good at electronics, especially if it has the standard 9 pin connector to the motor.

There's no separate external speed sensor so it must be in the hub. Assuming it's a hall sensor motor, but even if not, there will be two wires carrying 5v to it and one bringing the speed signal back. You could get to them in the controller compartment under the battery or make a short adapter lead with the male and female motor connectors as long as they're standard.

When you have access to those wires, you can use any microprocessor to reprocess the signal to a lower frequency, something like am Arduino nano, or you can use a dual D-type flipflop as explained here:
http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/sequential/seq_4.html

Forum member Festivejelly did that successfully and said that he was going to make a 3-D printed case and complete schematic for it. You should send him a message. Maybe he has a complete solution.

Kempy

Just Joined
Mar 10, 2017
High Peak
Thanks for the replies people, very much appreciated. I am a mechanical numpty but will pass on the info to a mate for his thoughts.

Thanks again, I'll update the post as/when I've heard back from my mate.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Related Articles

Advertisers