KTM

geordy paul

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 30, 2016
yorkshire
Stolen yesterday, taken off the bike rack on the back of my camper van.
I'd left it for all of ten mins, but on returning the scum had struck.
I was parked outside Go Outdoors at Westerhope up in Newcastle on Tyne.
Rang the police straight away, the took 10mins to answer the phone and despite the theft
only just happening, they promised to ring me tomorrow night at 1800.!!@!
So, the bike,
KTM Macina Action, 11 CX5.
Colour, black, black rock shock forks, and xt group set.
I had changed the handle bars to gold renthal fat bars with grips with integrated bar ends.
Frame no. M5790 A6349.
The only saving grace was the battery and controller we not attached to the bike.
Here's hoping the collective may spot it for sale somewhere.
Shame my first thread is about the scum of the world.
Thanks, Paul.

• Dislike
Reactions: gazman

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Rang the police straight away, the took 10mins to answer the phone and despite the theft
So, the bike,
I had changed the handle bars to gold renthal fat bars with grips with integrated bar ends.
Frame no. M5790 A6349.
The only saving grace was the battery and controller we not attached to the bike.
Thanks, Paul.
Sorry Paul

Hope you have some success in recovery.

• Agree
Reactions: gazman and flecc
D

Deleted member 4366

Sorry to here about your loss.

It's common for bike thieves to wait in a car outside sports centres or other places where cyclists are likely to park. They have tools like small bolt-croppers. When someone locks up their bike outside, one jumps out of the car, cuts the cable or chain and rides the bike away. Your only chance is a lock that can't be easily cropped.

Did they have CCTV there? I don't suppose the police will be bothered, but between Go Outdoors and whoever runs the carpark, it might be possible to trace which car the scumbag came from.

geordy paul

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 30, 2016
yorkshire
Thanks for the kind replies,
I'm not holding out much hope of recovery but you never know.
What has the world come to that scrotes think it's ok to just help themselves to others prised possessions?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I realise that in reality it isn't going to happen, but as a long shot, it could be worth asking KTM http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/members/ktm-bike-industries-uk.8115/ to put out a dealer request, just in case someone is daft enough to enquire about buying a battery and console.

There is also an active KTM specific page on FB which again as a highly unlikely long shot, might be worth joining and posting up the bike info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/KTMmountainbikefanpage/

If you are on FB, then you are also more than welcome to join up, and post on this page as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/313908402329634/

I'd also happily share the info on my own page for you. https://www.facebook.com/edwardpeterjefferies/

Reactions: Sarabee

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Sorry to here about your bike loss
There are some right scum bags out there, you never know it may just pop up on ebay without the battery on it.

D

Deleted member 4366

When our £4000 bike was stolen, we put it on local Facebook with a no questions asked £200 reward and asked people to share. Within a couple of hours, we had the bike back, but dismantled.

So, the bike,
Frame no. M5790 A6349.
Thanks, Paul.
Really sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid we can't do a mail out to our dealers when bikes get stolen, its a sad state of affairs but it happens too often. Sorry.

However we can suggest you contact all the local bike shops, not just the KTM dealers and let them know the details of your bike. If you visit with a box of cakes they'll remember you. As has been said above, post of facebook, there are many stolen bike groups. Post on the local groups... post with photos etc etc.

The more you do, the more likely you are to get the bike back.

We will make a note of the details in our office, but its the local bike shops who are most likely to help you.

oh and set up eBay alerts.

Reactions: EddiePJ and Sarabee

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
Hi... as there are so few KTM dealers in the area (Hexham and Framwellgate Moor) it might be worth contacting them... I don't know the guys in Framwellgate Moor (Direct Car Parts) but The team at Hexham (Centre for Green Energy) are so helpful, I'm sure they'd keep an eye out for you.
Good luck... I'd never thought about the post from dv8eh saying sports shop car parks are targeted.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Really bad luck, sorry to hear this. just show's you can't leave your bike for seconds these days.
hope you get it back, some really good advise here.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
It looks like your bike has not been traced. Console yourself that for everyone who has issues with the thieves. We have an army of not badly paid (by us usually) members of our esteemed legal profession, only too eager to "Defend" their actions in court.

Stealing a valuable (to us) e bike is still considered petty crime, by the police.

No doubt they are demoralised too, after seeing the criminals, laugh at them in court and receiving derisory sentences.

I will keep an eye out on this South side of the river Tyne.