Kudos EMTB max rider weight help

Itchy beard

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Hey peeps, I've seen similar questions around the web but generally no response is very informative or definitive that I've seen.

I have recently purchased a kudos typhoon, I never considered myself worthy of being too heavy for anything although I'm not skinny.. the max weight for the rider is supposed to be 100kg
Now I'm 102kg by all account my scaled are a little off occasionally but ballpark is 100kg..

So 100kg on the edge that's fine but I'll generally be carrying another 10-15kg of stuff with me...

Part of this I don't understand anyway, the typhoon is supposed to be for the taller people but generally I find most people above 5"10 are bound to be bordering that 100kg and more so with a backpack

With that then I'm pretty sure I can still ride the bike but is that 100kg of the weight limit them playing it safe and what has the limit? Is it the frame? Wheels? Motor..?

Thanks all for any insight

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Hi Itchy,

Like you my bike its supposed to be a max weight of 100Kg. (Cube Reaction)

I must be around the 105 mark in my skivvies, and I carry LOTS of stuff as I generally go to the middle of nowhere just for the hell of it.

My back pack alone weight 15Kg full of water and the likes.

I admittedly don't throw it over jumps or off huge drops, but I have had it in some pretty rough places, even up Munros in Scotland .... not a single issue, not even a puncture.

I would imagine you will be fine.

If you were 150Kg and had a huge backpack or panniers full for bike packing maybe there would be problems.

At worst I have gone through brake pads in about 600 miles, but at £5 a set...

Just keep it well maintained, you won't have any real issues.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't know what your worried about the bike will be fine,
mostly the weight limit is a guide.

Itchy beard

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Thanks guys. I think it's more that I don't know exactly what part the weight limit is for.. I find it unlikely I'll bend the frame or anything but maybe I'll bow the wheels or something, I've never had an e bike before so alot of stuff about certain brands being bad or cheap. I found good reviews about alot of kudos bikes but generally their info seems quite limited.

Also what is with most YouTube reviews lol. Most of them are "yeah it's brilliant look how fast it goes and how sleek it is" no real information as to why it's good haha

Related Articles

Advertisers