KudosCycles-Update

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Our full e-shop website is now on line-we tried to keep it user friendly yet informative-see Kudos Cycles There is much in the 'Decisions' and 'Faqs' sections(click buttons)that should spark many comments from the knowlegdeable pedelecs members.
Tomorrow we will be unloading production stocks of the next batch of cycles-the SPORT,KING,KING-CARBON(18"Frame),TOURER-DEORE9 and TOURER-NEXUS8 will be fully stocked plus all spare parts.Those customers who have pre-ordered any of these cycles will be contacted shortly.The balance of the range including CHEETAH,CITY,LIBERTY,DUKE,DUCHESS and VERSATILE are all en-ship to us,ETA 3-4weeks.
We will be exhibiting at the following shows
Whitstable harbour Fun n Fitness show(July 8/9)
The Kent County Show,Detling(stand 316,July 15-17)
KudosCycles Open Day,our warehouse(August 13)
50 plus Beurs,Utrecht,Holland(September 13-18)
The NEC Cycle Show,Birmingham(stand C51,September 20-October 2)
Velofollies,Kortrijk,Belgium(January 20-22,2012)
We are continuing our £100 off ,any bike,launch offer this will run until close of business on our Open Day,August 13. All bikes will be delivered free to most of mainland UK.
Thanks for everyone who kindly offered support,it is our mission to try to make e-bikes as affordable as possible and thus attract a wider usage.
Dave Elderfield
MD,KudosCycles

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Our full e-shop website is now on line-we tried to keep it user friendly yet informative-see Kudos Cycles There is much in the 'Decisions' and 'Faqs' sections(click buttons)that should spark many comments from the knowlegdeable pedelecs members.
Tomorrow we will be unloading production stocks of the next batch of cycles-the SPORT,KING,KING-CARBON(18"Frame),TOURER-DEORE9 and TOURER-NEXUS8 will be fully stocked plus all spare parts.Those customers who have pre-ordered any of these cycles will be contacted shortly.The balance of the range including CHEETAH,CITY,LIBERTY,DUKE,DUCHESS and VERSATILE are all en-ship to us,ETA 3-4weeks.
We will be exhibiting at the following shows
Whitstable harbour Fun n Fitness show(July 8/9)
The Kent County Show,Detling(stand 316,July 15-17)
KudosCycles Open Day,our warehouse(August 13)
50 plus Beurs,Utrecht,Holland(September 13-18)
The NEC Cycle Show,Birmingham(stand C51,September 20-October 2)
Velofollies,Kortrijk,Belgium(January 20-22,2012)
We are continuing our £100 off ,any bike,launch offer this will run until close of business on our Open Day,August 13. All bikes will be delivered free to most of mainland UK.
Thanks for everyone who kindly offered support,it is our mission to try to make e-bikes as affordable as possible and thus attract a wider usage.
Dave Elderfield
MD,KudosCycles
Hi. Good luck.
Has the Hero disappeared from the range? Also, it would be most helpful if you could add the weights to the data.
Regards
vectra

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Sorry,the weights are all included on our new brochure,will asap include them on the website. If you supply a land address I will gladly send you a copy of the new brochure,should be about 5 days away.
The sample Hero bike is being supplied by air shipment to us,will be with us next week-we need to go through our normal testing and decide on a specification. At this time I intend to offer in 2 frame sizes-48cm and 51 cm and a choice between Deore9 gears,Nexus8 gears,Tektro hydraulic brakes and good quality rim brakes,the wheel diameter will probably be 26",all bikes in a steel blue colour,uprated controller and 16Ah battery. The prices between £1125 and £1265,dependant on spec.
The sample will be available to view at our warehouse and will take to as many shows as possible. The production bikes will be October/November delivery if all is ok in testing.
Dave Elderfield
KudosCycles

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Some very attractively priced bikes. Looking forward to some reviews.

I notice that you use the Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with the cut out switch. Are these listed as spares anywhere? I did have a quick look but couldn't find them.

I'm just asking out of interest as I was trying, unsuccessfully I might add, to buy a set a while back and ended up with a non cut out hydraulic disc.

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM

MD,KudosCycles
Hi

I have tried to get on to your website this morning to have a look at some of your bikes & specs a bit more closley. However, the website is requesting that I create an account & give address details & set a password etc... Is this essential for per-purchase browsing?

regards

Donna

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Hi

I have tried to get on to your website this morning to have a look at some of your bikes & specs a bit more closley. However, the website is requesting that I create an account & give address details & set a password etc... Is this essential for per-purchase browsing?

regards

Donna
I can browse the specs without doing anything like that, cookie problem maybe?

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
possibly! as i am at work. However, in the end I wss not even able to register because the security code did not display on my pc ..... just a red cross where the code should be. However, not sure why I need to do this just to browse.....

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Weird! I could have sworn I posted earlier in this thread but my post is missing :confused:

I had said that the site worked for me and then asked David if the King Carbon was a true carbon frame or a carbon wrap over aluminium frame?

Lets see if this one sticks!

Graeme

Pedelecer
May 7, 2011
Monifieth, Dundee, Scotland
I too had to re-post my question...strange...
The Bermuda Bike Triangle...? :confused:

The Kudos site does not load properly...there seems to be some issues with the site construction.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Graeme-could not find any problem with loading the Kudos site-I tried using the link off the pedelec site and also using google search. Also tried my pc,my laptop and the companys pc-all worked fine. Please identify the problem and I will get my web designer to investigate. The home page has relatively large images,which was intentional to allow a direct choice of bike without expanding thumbnails maybe some broadband speeds would struggle.
NRG-The carbon bike is a true carbon frame,we have just taken delivery of a limited number with an 18" frame,currently in build is another batch with 20" frame.
Dave
KudosCycles

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
There should be no need to register to browse the site-only if you wish to purchase.
Dave
KudosCycle
I'm not buying so there's no need to change it for me but I hate having to register an account with an internet shop just to buy something, it's usually a data mining excersise that wastes my time and gives out more information than necessary. If you must have an account created then do it automatically with the bare minimum of info required to sell the product, then generate a password and send it to the customer afterwards. If the customer is interested then he can modify the details and take a look.
I've walked away from a few purchases because of this.

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
An interesting and well-priced range of bikes. I love the look of the Duke.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Interesting just went back to the site and it prompted me to register! Clicking on 'products' took me to the main page, no need to register.

Dave, full carbon frame, I'm impressed that looks like a v.good spec for the price. They should fly off the shelves!

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Hi everyone,
I am using my local Wetherspoon's Cloud WiFi with my ancient laptop running Linux Mint 11 while enjoying a lovely pint of Exmoor Fox real ale. The Kudos website is working just fine for me with larger product images loading quickly.
Congratulations Kudos on your exciting business venture and good luck with it! :)
Your bike range looks great and with value for money pricing I think you should be very successful.
Best wishes,
Barry.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I've ordered a King. I'm just waiting for it to come. I'm looking forward to getting out on my first E-bike..

Jim