Last chance to order the Swytch complete eBike kit for £225

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
The Sywtch eBike kit is close to hitting $250,000 in sales worldwide in just 25 days on crowd funding site Indiegogo.

It is a complete 36V 250W eBike kit with 5Ah or 10Ah battery, available in ANY wheel size and compatible with virtually any bike.

The ludicriously low initial price of $299 (about £225, 54% off the RRP) is available until 15 December so you have just 4 days left to take advantage of this deal.

Visit here to pre-order:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/swytch-convert-any-bike-into-an-ebike-electric/x/17692689#/

It is a spin-off brand of Panda eBikes, the result of 4 years in the eBike conversion business trying to design a simple, lightweight and universal eBike system that works with any bike - saving the endless back and forth that is usually required to work out which ebike kit and battery type is the best fit for your bike.

Any questions let us know!

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Does that price include a Brompton conversion kit?

And how likely is the April 2018 delivery date?

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Does that price include a Brompton conversion kit?

And how likely is the April 2018 delivery date?
Hi, yes we are including a Brompton wheel option in this price. April delivery is almost certain as we have all our suppliers liined up ready to go (remember Swytch is a spin-off of Panda eBikes so unlike normal crowd-funders we have a supply network already). Let us know any other questions you have!

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Just to be clear; does the Brompton wheel require any fork widening modification?

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Drums fingers...

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Well, still drumming fingers & I note that the 'almost certain' April 2018 delivery date has slipped to June 2018.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Having contacted them through the website, delivery is now in July apparently...

Oh, the motor fits the standard Brompton forks without modification.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
At that rate it will end up a Christmas present :p.

I do hope you get what you paid for eventually, sadly Panda are now not one I recommend. CS seems to be lacking and they appear to have been distracted by this crowd funding project.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
At that rate it will end up a Christmas present :p.

I do hope you get what you paid for eventually, sadly Panda are now not one I recommend. CS seems to be lacking and they appear to have been distracted by this crowd funding project.
They seem to be very extreme. Either the best you ever had or utterly non existent (i have only ever had the former).........which leads me to agree with Nealh , gotta be either distraction, too many spinning plates or not enough staff. Shame, they had a great core business I thought.

And I know I'm in a minority but, sorry I don't see the swytch thing flying. Sell some, sure.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And I know I'm in a minority but, sorry I don't see the swytch thing flying. Sell some, sure.
I like the concept.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Oh, I wasn't naiive enough to pay! I saw the delivery date slipping and thought better of it. I bought a Panda kit last year. Mostly things went well, except for the PAS that wasn't sent with the kit.

I might still cough up later rather than sooner, as it is a very good deal for a Brompton-compatible kit.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Delivery now quoted as August. That comment about Christmas delivery might just turn out to be true!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
LOL :D.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Is the guy in the advertising pic doing an endo because the entire kit is weighed over the font axle? :)

Only kidding, seems a fairly reasonable concept for simple, light use.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
September 2018 delivery now...

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Now October 2018...

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Back when I started and wanted to build a ebike I ordered a panda mid drive kit to be collected at London hq in Stratford and pay cash when I arrived no kit or battery to collect said leave the cash and they would post turned round and walked out
The swytch kit was every where looked like a great product bits of bike in various states even hanging from the celling great idea struggling to get into mass production

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Only kidding, seems a fairly reasonable concept for simple, light use.
This kit is similar to many out there, it comes with a cadence sensor, brake sensors, the display, controller and battery are in the same box, similar to the Gtech bike.
I can't see where they may make extra savings on production cost.
If they want to sell it for £225 including VAT, then I believe it's below cost.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc