levo fsr comp Vs Powerfly 9 LT

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
ok folks, as the title suggests. pros and cons for both please. can get either for the same price. leaning towards levo because i think the brose is better than the bosch but willing to have my mind changed if a good argument is put forward

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
Hi Anthony,

We sell both of these bikes and I have ridden them myself and they are both truly great bikes.

In terms of suspension travel, there is only 10mm in it so both bikes will be able to handle the same terrain.

The Levo does look and ride better in my opinion - I prefer how the Brose motor rides and when people buy them from ourselves, we fully update all the software before dispatch so you benefit from the improved power curve on the Levo. The Levo does feel a lot more natural to ride than the Bosch in my opinion and has a slightly smoother cut off after you reach the 15mph assistance limit.

You are getting an ever so slightly bigger battery on the Trek at 500Wh but realistically, you won't see that much of an increase in range over the 460Wh battery on the Levo.

You are getting a Pike fork on the Trek rather than the Yari on the Levo and a SRAM EX1 e-bike specific drivetrain on the Trek, rather than the GX on the Levo.

I would definitely recommend trying both bikes - if you are local to any of our stores you are welcome to try them with us to get a good feel for both bikes!

If I had both bikes infront of me, personally I would go for the Levo because I prefer how it looks and rides, but the Trek is still a monster of a bike that you wouldn't be disappointed with!

Let us know if you have any further questions on either of the bikes!

Many thanks,
Luke

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
the levo is certainly better looking, how much of a difference does the ex1 drivetrain make or what issuses does it solve?
Hi Anthony,

We sell both of these bikes and I have ridden them myself and they are both truly great bikes.

In terms of suspension travel, there is only 10mm in it so both bikes will be able to handle the same terrain.

The Levo does look and ride better in my opinion - I prefer how the Brose motor rides and when people buy them from ourselves, we fully update all the software before dispatch so you benefit from the improved power curve on the Levo. The Levo does feel a lot more natural to ride than the Bosch in my opinion and has a slightly smoother cut off after you reach the 15mph assistance limit.

You are getting an ever so slightly bigger battery on the Trek at 500Wh but realistically, you won't see that much of an increase in range over the 460Wh battery on the Levo.

You are getting a Pike fork on the Trek rather than the Yari on the Levo and a SRAM EX1 e-bike specific drivetrain on the Trek, rather than the GX on the Levo.

I would definitely recommend trying both bikes - if you are local to any of our stores you are welcome to try them with us to get a good feel for both bikes!

If I had both bikes infront of me, personally I would go for the Levo because I prefer how it looks and rides, but the Trek is still a monster of a bike that you wouldn't be disappointed with!

Let us know if you have any further questions on either of the bikes!

Many thanks,
Luke[/QUO

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
the levo is certainly better looking, how much of a difference does the ex1 drivetrain make or what issuses does it solve?
The EX1 has been specifically designed for eBikes, so basically SRAM have created optimal steps between each cog of the cassette for the best range. The EX1 has also been designed to cope with the high amounts of torque that comes from the addition of the motor, so basically, its going to last a bit longer before parts need replacing. You could argue that with the specifically designed range of the cassette that you will get more range out of the battery, but this would only be quite minimal.

Many thanks,
Luke