Levo motor cover clicking

Taffyteg

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 30, 2017
Warwick
Hi all, was in Coedy a couple of weeks ago and when the motor was under high load (trail mode) and after riding for a couple of hours there was a clicking coming from the motor cover. It looks as though it is coming from the drive side, before I start stripping things down, anyone else had something similar???
Interesting the next day there was no noise, everything was fine
Thanks in advance.

Taffyteg

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 30, 2017
Warwick
Stripped the bike down and found out that when the motor was replaced under warranty, they trapped the rear mech cable between the motor and frame. As this eventually worked it way loose, the torque on the upper motor fixing also became loose (clamping loads had reduced) and the motor was vibrating against the frame. The lower boss on the drive side motor cover was also broken, this could have been from the cable being incorrectly routed or over tightened. I would not mind, but there is a large groove in the cover for the rear mech cable to run in, very annoying. Spoke to Specialized UK directly who agreed to send out a replacement cover FOC. Specialized UK have been great, the same can not be said for the Birmingham concept store.

Reactions: Mountie

Related Articles

Advertisers