Lions Supporters in NZ

Retyred1

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2016
NZ
What a great bunch came over to New Zealand to show their support for the Lions Rugby team - don't know what parts of Britain and Ireland they came from but a small touristy town near us was a sea of red between games, estimated 20,000 travelled over and really captured the hearts of us Kiwis with their ready wit and respect toward our country. And if the Press can be believed, spent a lot of dosh. Also drowned out the All Black supporters at the tests!

So glad to have them here and see you all again in 12 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and tillson

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Next time we could send you some football fans too just so you don't get the wrong idea about English supporters... :rolleyes: We could mix in some Russians if you want, that is kind of like mixing red hot chili peppers into your favorite dish :eek: They play a game called "pass the stadium seats" where they rip up anything that you though was firmly bolted down and "pass" to the opposing supporters with extra points for passes to the head and other areas of the body that bleed easily. Then after the game they light fires of joy, often using cars as a combustible.

Seriously congratulations on the AC, back where it belongs, out of the hands of US billionaires :)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Next time we could send you some football fans too just so you don't get the wrong idea about English supporters... :rolleyes: We could mix in some Russians if you want, that is kind of like mixing red hot chili peppers into your favorite dish :eek: They play a game called "pass the stadium seats" where they rip up anything that you though was firmly bolted down and "pass" to the opposing supporters with extra points for passes to the head and other areas of the body that bleed easily. Then after the game they light fires of joy, often using cars as a combustible.

Seriously congratulations on the AC, back where it belongs, out of the hands of US billionaires :)
Funnily enough, I went to a Premier League football match a few months ago, the first one in about 25 years. I saw a group of scouts who were helping out with some disabled people, young & old, and thought what descent young people they were. However, I didn't see any examples of what you describe.

As far as Kiwis go, I'm sure the majority are good people, just like in the U.K. But I don't have to look too far to find one Kiwi who is a complete ass-hole.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Funnily enough, I went to a Premier League football match a few months ago, the first one in about 25 years. I saw a group of scouts who were helping out with some disabled people, young & old, and thought what descent young people they were. However, I didn't see any examples of what you describe.

As far as Kiwis go, I'm sure the majority are good people, just like in the U.K. But I don't have to look too far to find one Kiwi who is a complete ass-hole.
.. are you looking into it?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Maybe they are only like that when on foreign (EU) soil. 1998? 2016?

Oh, and I am much worse than you think ;)

Retyred1

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2016
NZ
[QUOTE="anotherkiwi, post: 385305, member: 12940"

Seriously congratulations on the AC, back where it belongs, out of the hands of US billionaires :)[/QUOTE]

Great to see Team NZ win the AC but l'm just not sure if the taxpayer should be paying for a bunch of rich pricks to play with their toys and get paid millions to do it.

Be interesting to see what format that they choose though.

Last edited:

Advertisers