London to Brighton

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My son was chatting with a cycling colleague who was expressing his rather negative view after an ebike passed him "like he was stood still" on a big climb.
My son pointed out that with an ebike he and his 70 year old father could go for rides together which without one would not be possible.

D

Deleted member 4366

“it promotes an inclusive cycling culture”

I suspect that the decision was based more on the fact that they'll get a load more participants giving sponsor money to the BHF,

Is there anything to stop anyone from riding along with the official participants?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Not just old people, my son really fancies one as he can't keep up with me on a std bike. Kids of today eh!

Still don't get why some cyclists are so precious about their no pain, no gain type of cycling. Their modern day luddites ;)

I can see, and would hope that modern bikes built in the future will have a built in back up motor / battery, even if it's only for emergencies. Why not!

Last edited:

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
Ha ha, I'm always being told it's cheating and I explain that otherwise I would be stuck indoors, hobbling round. Then they ask how it works, where I bought it, was it delivered and a rough price guide.
I reckon they go home and google after pedalling furiously through the east coast headwind.......

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Not just old people, my son really fancies one as he can't keep up with me on a std bike. Kids of today eh!

Still don't get why some cyclists are so precious about their no pain, no gain type of cycling. Their modern day luddites ;)

I can see, and would hope that modern bikes built in the future will have a built in back up motor / battery, even if it's only for emergencies. Why not!
Those luddites a typically seen with bikes on their cars driving somewhere for ride. Can understand with MTBing, but when road cyclists drive 10km to local meeting point for 100km Sunday ride then drive home. These are same people that spend 10minutes trying to park as close as possible to gym.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

Prior to buyong an ebike... When my son started he couldn't keep up with me but he kept at it and that quickly changed as his fitness level went up faster than mine was going down.. lol

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Reactions: Sarabee

Advertisers