Long time, no hear and....

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
......I pop in with a non electric bike related question. Cue stones and rotten tomatoes at the ready.

I hope you don't mind if I ask this question. I obviously have an electric bike, still going strong - well, showing its age now, but I've been unwell and want to get some strength back by cycling indoors. My other non electric bike is a Dutch sit up and beg (not power assisted ie not electric).

Does anyone know of any of those Turbo indoor training things that would fit a large wheel from a Dutch bike (Batavus)?

I saw a review on the budget version at H*****ds that said the reviewers larger road bike would not fit because the spindle or in my language the metal pole wasn't large enough and he stated he'd have to use it with a mountain bike.

I've just read another review elsewhere on the net of one that said a wide tyre rubs and doesn't fit (I am imagining they are maybe meant for a thin road tyre if its large?).

I just wondered if any of you had any information or knowledge on these things.

Yes I know I can get my electric out but I'm recently out of hospital and not ready enough for that yet. I was just thinking how I could go about it a different way.

Many thanks and hello to all who've replied to me in the past (and any in the future).

Many thanks,
Penny

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Halfords are pretty good generally. Take it in and see if it fits
Great idea but their budget version a reviewer says its not built for big wheels so as the prices upwards are quite steep I'd love some more suggestions - but I am grateful to you. Any other stores i could pop into even?

Advertisers