Longtime Lurker signing in

smifee

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2017
Chandler's Ford
68 yrs young, 5' 8", 13 st, 29" inside leg. I know someone will ask when I give mileage.

2003 to 2013 I would take my motorhome to Portugal/Italy/France for 2 or 3 winter months. I didn't use campsites but went up into the hills walking & cycling with my dog. No the dog didn't have a bike.

I rode a Dahon Zero G folder with an Oxtail single wheel folding trailer. 2013 I found I couldn't get up the hills so easily either on foot or bike. Put it down to just getting old and sold the lot except the dog.

Oct 2015 I couldn't walk up a slope. Had an operation to fit a stent in my heart and immediately felt 10 years younger.

Jan 2016 my Boxer Shuttle cargo trike was delivered. I bought a spare battery for extended range and so I can still use the trike when the other battery is charging. It's the dog carrying version with a front ramp & tie down points.

A few miles shy of 1500 miles so far. Range is 40 to 50 miles per battery depending on terrain.

Changes made:- suspension seat post fitted, mirror fitted & saddle changed to a Brooks Cambium C19.

I am a cack handed technical numpty who can't even understand how electrickery works. I use the trike for taking the dog to parks & woods, shopping, taking stuff to the dump & delivering the nicotine liquids I make. I have to have a reason to cycle so rarely go out just for a ride. I'm a fair weather cyclist and a Southern Softie. Roll on Spring.

Looking after the trike:- I've cleaned it once since I've had it and will probably keep to a once a year schedule. I do use disc brake cleaner & chain lube every couple of weeks or so.

When it gets warmer I will do a review after I've found out what motor, controller etc it has. The batteries only have a stick on label "20V 4400 mAh". I will be asking some technical questions when I find out what controller I have because there are a couple of junctions on hills where a throttle would make start off easier.

regards

Mike

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson