Looking for bpm rear wheel with 500w motor

Elecmtb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2017
London
Hi. I bought a kit to fit to my bike from bms battery. Unfortunatly the cable goung into the hub hass been damaged wight on the axle so was wondering if anylne has a spare one they no longer used? It is a bafang 500w 26inch wheel for a mountain bike.

Many thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Do you want sensored or sensorless? I have some sensorless ones. What speed do you want?

D

Deleted member 4366

That's a code 10 for a 16" wheel, so it spins pretty fast. I'd say about 26 mph in a 26" wheel. Do you need that speed? How fast do you want?

Count the motor wires. How many are there in the bundle?

Elecmtb

Sep 1, 2017
London
To be honest it's the only one I have used and am pretty used to it so ideally yes but I am open to other options. My battery pack is 36v 20ah.
To count the motor wires should I count the wires coming out from the frayed hub?

D

Deleted member 4366

It would be easiest to count the wires or pins where it connects to the controller or anywhere else.

Elecmtb

Sep 1, 2017
London
I beleive if I have counted correctly it is three motor wired. They are the fairly large gauge wires. (2-3mm?) I will attach some pics which may help confirm I have counted the right ones. The first pic is what I assume are the motor wires.
Thank you.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

That big white block with 5 wires in it is for the hall sensors. Doesn't it come from the motor cable?

Elecmtb

Sep 1, 2017
London
Ah yes you are right there are 5 wires in that block in addition to the 3 larger motorwires.

D

Deleted member 4366

I can't help then. All my BPMs are front or sensorless.

What you can do is buy the bare motor and swap the cores over, which will reduce the shipping cost a lot and save having to build a new wheel. The BPM comes apart very easily, assuming that you have the type with the side held on by 6 screws.

Elecmtb

Sep 1, 2017
London
Ah ok that is a shame. Thanks for checking anyhow.
I will have a look when I get home. Will I have to remove the cassette to see the 6 screws.

D

Deleted member 4366

I will have a look when I get home. Will I have to remove the cassette to see the 6 screws.
Yes because you'll need to fit it to your new core. Your remove the nut on the disc side and the 6 screws on the cassette side, then you pull the whole lot out or tap it with a soft mallet from the disc side to bring out everything except the hub and wheel. You just swap one for the other. It's easier to get the cassette off before you dismantle the motor.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
The motor on the pic is an old BPM,difficult to open.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
You're right. I didn't see the picture. Except that it's the new BPM (BPM2) that has the screw-on side-plate.
strange because I have an 6-7 years old BPM motor that looks the same as the pic.And all the new BPM motors on aliexpress or at bafangs homepage has the 6 srew plate.The screw on plate BPM is hard to find today

D

Deleted member 4366

They started with rhe BPm, then they released the BPM2 at about the same time as the CST, which was around 2012, but they've kept making the first version alongside it for some reason.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
GBK are fine to deal with but as you have found out shipping for bulky and heavy items can be expensive.
Usually duty is due on imports expect 25 - 40 quid from the carrier for HMRC, an invoice is often received 2 or 3 weeks later. If you don't cough up they will offer to send the boys around :eek:.