Looking for perfect commuter..

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Anywhere to try one in London?
We can get one to Dartford if you'd like? Test rides are very important (for both customer and retailer who should both want it to suit you well). Let me know when you are likely to visit and I'll arrange it.
Cycling Made Easy is a great shop, but a long way south for you (and have no Rollers).
We do have a couple at Cambridge I believe and some spread amongst shops in Norfolk. As soon as we produce more, they sell, so I'm very sorry that we can't seem to get ahead and get stock in everywhere...

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
We can get one to Dartford if you'd like? Test rides are very important (for both customer and retailer who should both want it to suit you well). Let me know when you are likely to visit and I'll arrange it.
Cycling Made Easy is a great shop, but a long way south for you (and have no Rollers).
We do have a couple at Cambridge I believe and some spread amongst shops in Norfolk. As soon as we produce more, they sell, so I'm very sorry that we can't seem to get ahead and get stock in everywhere...
... Your last complaint seems like a problem most distributors would love to have

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
... Your last complaint seems like a problem most distributors would love to have
Losing sales to competitors because you cannot supply the goods is a problem no distributor would want to have.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Losing sales to competitors because you cannot supply the goods is a problem no distributor would want to have.
I don't agree Rob. We are just happy to be selling well. The idea of losing out to "competitors" is only appropriate if all bikes were exactly the same.

I think in this bike business it's important to recognise that everyone has their perfect bike and no one bike fits everyone.

That's why there will always be a wide variety of bikes, and we are just one of those.

I do wish we could supply more, to more shops, so folk are more easily able to find out if Roller is a good match.

I think the wide variety in the market is a joy and certainly not a threat. We're comfortably more than 20% up on last year.

I actually would start to worry about our ability to properly service our business if we experienced a growth rate of higher than 35%, but then I'm getting near to 60 years of age. Perhaps a younger man would take greater risks...

TommyT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2017
London
I'll actually be in Cambridge this coming weekend so can see if I can get away for a couple of hours to go for a test ride.

Trying to find a Whisper 905 to test ride in London is proving tricky too. Despite Halfords selling them, it's a web only deal.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Thansk but neither Fudges or Onyerbike have them in.
Perhaps you should try telling them you intend to buy an e-bike, would like to buy from a London based shop, and you have money to spend. You never know, as a Wisper 'dealer', they might just be inclined to get one so they can tempt you in as a potential customer and money spender. Unless of course they're business ethos is not about encouraging people to buy from them. You never know, I suppose.

TommyT

Jun 12, 2017
London
Why do you presume I didn't?

In fact I inquired about likely future availability and possibility of ordering them in and the attitude of both those and other shops I've spoken to is "why don't you come down and see what we do have" and "We can order in for a deposit but you would lose the deposit if you don't want the bike".

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
Why do you presume I didn't?

In fact I inquired about likely future availability and possibility of ordering them in and the attitude of both those and other shops I've spoken to is "why don't you come down and see what we do have" and "We can order in for a deposit but you would lose the deposit if you don't want the bike".
The lack of customer service from some places, is amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: Gaz

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
BikeBase in Southend sells a lot of wisper and Haibikes.
They are about 100 yards up the road from us.
Southend is an hour train ride from London Liverpool St or Fenchurch St.
A lot of our customers are from London.
If you come to see us Southend, I have a few commuter bikes you could try.
something like this Woosh Zephyr 2017 or the new Woosh Rio may be of interest:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-2017

or

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-mtb

For a more traditional style, with adjustable quill stem:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bali

You can have your new bike ready for collection in about 40 minutes and take it home with you.

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
I've got an e sub tour.jan 2016. It's really comfy and upright. It's done 1000 miles since January 2017 and seems to be surviving ok. Shimano steps hasnt been too great and it's first motor was replaced under warranty after 2 months. Lights rack and mudguards make it the go to vehicle. The car is mainly used to move it 300 miles to the next gig!

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I'll actually be in Cambridge this coming weekend so can see if I can get away for a couple of hours to go for a test ride.
Do try to give them a call in advance. If the one they have is sold, we'd need to get another there for you and that would take a couple of days.

TommyT

Jun 12, 2017
London
I've got an e sub tour.jan 2016. It's really comfy and upright. It's done 1000 miles since January 2017 and seems to be surviving ok. Shimano steps hasnt been too great and it's first motor was replaced under warranty after 2 months. Lights rack and mudguards make it the go to vehicle. The car is mainly used to move it 300 miles to the next gig!

Has it been fine since being replaced?

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
Has it been fine since being replaced?
Yes. No reason to rule out steps system. I have ridden a Bosch system since and reckon the Bosch is rideable with assist set to off or a flat battery. Steps, just get off and push. Never got close to that situation though. You get to know your range by experience and the terrain.