Looking for perfect commuter..

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Tommy, you are correct. I have again spoken to the MD who promptly placed an order for four bikes to replenish his stock. They have been in disarray for the last week. They were shut by the police as the London Bridge attack took place on the bridge immediately over their shop. The terrorists attacked people in the restaurant next door to them. Thankfully they are all OK.

The good news is that they will have a 905Torque in for you to test ride on Monday.

When you call please ask for Robert, he is expecting you.

Sorry for the confusion.

All the best, David

Reactions: Gaz

TommyT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2017
London
Yes, very thankfully. I bet they are all finding it very difficult to comprehend. It must have been nightmarish. I hope they get some time off to deal with it.

Thank you for arranging that. I'll see if I can get down there next week.

Many thanks, Tom

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
They were shut by the police as the London Bridge attack took place on the bridge immediately over their shop. The terrorists attacked people in the restaurant next door to them.
Bloody hell!! :(:eek::(

Considering the circumstances, I'm glad they were okay, all things considered.

Gaz

TommyT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 12, 2017
London
Talking about customer service, I have been able to test drive bikes with a lot of help instore at CycleSurgery, FullyCharged and OnYerbike. I have been able to present a driving license or creditcard and then take bikes out for as long as I like and try different bikes. All 3 shops have been very helpful in store. I spoke to FudgesCycles in paddington and they're policy is to make you pay the full amount of the bike upfront and then refund you afterwards, keeping £50 as a test drive payment! Can you believe it?

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Talking about customer service, I have been able to test drive bikes with a lot of help instore at CycleSurgery, FullyCharged and OnYerbike. I have been able to present a driving license or creditcard and then take bikes out for as long as I like and try different bikes. All 3 shops have been very helpful in store. I spoke to FudgesCycles in paddington and they're policy is to make you pay the full amount of the bike upfront and then refund you afterwards, keeping £50 as a test drive payment! Can you believe it?
£50 steep even for rental let alone a test ride.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
So you get to pay full cost, on a bike that's presumably a demonstrator, in the hope you'll buy it and say 'I'll take this one' rather than go through the refund process?

Charge them a £50 Cycle Evaluation Fee back? :D

Gaz