Looking into e-bike for 3 mile commute in Norfolk (hill free!)

Clairejen

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 8, 2017
Kings Lynn
Going back a few years I used to cycle into work - about three miles and almost entirely on cycle paths. However a knee injury and damaged miniscus means I can't risk a normal bike, so I'm considering getting an e-bike on the cycle to work scheme. Finding something suitable to test ride is proving a challenge, I'm looking at <£1k both to comply with the scheme and economic reasons. The Woosh bikes look suitable, but I'd have to go to Southend to try one. I'm 5'4", about 10st, and the journey is all on the flat - that's Norfok for you. I'd appreciate any suggestions, happy to travel 40-50 miles to try something out.

Clairejen

Feb 8, 2017
Kings Lynn
Thanks David, that looks like a strong possibility. I saw a company in Cromer in my browsing, Electrifyingcycles, is that the one?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David, that looks like a strong possibility. I saw a company in Cromer in my browsing, Electrifyingcycles, is that the one?
Yes Clair, David Wood, has a lot of bikes for you to try, he is a great guy and will help look after your bike for years to come.

All the best, David

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi Claire,

We have a good range of e-bikes to try. Including one Wisper 705SE in blue left which we could do for £999 (our last one at the old price). We offer free personal delivery and a free loan bike if you have a problem, ideal if you are using the bike to commute. We also have a quiet residential area with rolling hills nearby to test out bikes.

Please feel free to give us a call. Hopefully see you soon. We are so registered with the independent cycle to work scheme.

All the best
David

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Clairejen

Feb 8, 2017
Kings Lynn
Hi Claire,

We have a good range of e-bikes to try. Including one Wisper 705SE in blue left which we could do for £999 (our last one at the old price). We offer free personal delivery and a free loan bike if you have a problem, ideal if you are using the bike to commute. We also have a quiet residential area with rolling hills nearby to test out bikes.

Please feel free to give us a call. Hopefully see you soon. We are so registered with the independent cycle to work scheme.

All the best
David
Thanks David, I've got some time off next week so I'll give you a call and come over. I'm off tomorrow too but the weather isn't looking promising! I'm in Lynn so it is a fair drive.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Claire, you might also like to take a look nearer to home at our Kings Lynn stockist:
44 Lynn Rd, King's Lynn PE30 4PY
01553 765093
They can order in any bike from our range for you to try.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Thanks David, I've got some time off next week so I'll give you a call and come over. I'm off tomorrow too but the weather isn't looking promising! I'm in Lynn so it is a fair drive.
No worries Claire. We have over 25 e-bikes in stock to try. So no rush. Have a great weekend and hopefully see you soon.

David

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Artov

Jan 9, 2017
cambridgeshire
Be careful of first impressions. I took delivery of my Woosh Zephyr B yesterday and went out for a ride in the cold and a little snow. When I got back I was wondering if an e-bike was the thing for me. However if you are already a cyclist that won't be an issue for you.

Fortunately I adjusted the heights of the saddle and handlebars and went out later and got the hang of the gears a little better and enjoyed it a lot more. Then after a couple of beers I found I was a cycling diva. Well that is to say I didn't fall off and I didn't notice the cold on the way home!

Reactions: E-Wheels

Clairejen

Feb 8, 2017
Kings Lynn
Be careful of first impressions. I took delivery of my Woosh Zephyr B yesterday and went out for a ride in the cold and a little snow. When I got back I was wondering if an e-bike was the thing for me. However if you are already a cyclist that won't be an issue for you.

Fortunately I adjusted the heights of the saddle and handlebars and went out later and got the hang of the gears a little better and enjoyed it a lot more. Then after a couple of beers I found I was a cycling diva. Well that is to say I didn't fall off and I didn't notice the cold on the way home!
Thanks for the warning Artov - and the laugh! I'm not what you might call an ardent cyclist, so I'm not expecting magic. My OH cycles for all short journeys and he'll be able to do minor adjustments for me, I hope. I'm going to see David at Cromer tomorrow and I'm sure he'll give me useful advice.

minime

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2017
Hull
Hi Claire

I recently purchased a Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 from thesportsHQ for 455 GBP (including VAT and next day delivery). The bike required minimal assembly, I charged the battery overnight, pumped up the tyres and was good to go. I use it to travel to and from the university which is about 3 miles away and I am very pleased with it.