Love my Cuties

motomech

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 19, 2016
Tucson Az.
Cute Q100 mini geared motors that is.
Been using them for years, mostly on my 2WD Rocky Mountain.
Some of you will remember Dave's(D8veh) RM 2WD and in this case, it was my bike that inspired his build.
Of course, being the craftsman he is, his battery box is much nicer, as can be seen, I'm more of a bag guy.
100_0034.JPG
I have used pretty much every combination of Q100 and right now there is a high-speed "328" CST on the rear and a Mid-speed "260" H on the frt. Top speed is 27 mph, the frt. motor contributing 150 Watts and the rear about 350 W.
This is an Xtra large frame and to lower it a bit, I laced a pair of Alex DM24 24" wheels. A new BB w/ a 48T chain ring and short crank arms was installed to prevent pedal strikes. For tires, I use either a 2.4" Cyclops or a 2.4" Holly Roller.

100_0035.JPG

The batteries are 12S Lipo, 10Ah in the bag and another 5Ah in the frame mounted tube.
When they became available, I tried the sine wave SO6S controller w/ the SLCD-3 display, but never could get them to work right w/ the odd 12S Lipo Voltage. Finally settled on a pair of 17 A, 9-FET controllers w/ the simple 810 dispaly from Elifebike. Their 42 LVC works well with the 12S Lipo. The 2WD uses two completely separate systems, two Battery packs, two controllers and two throttles.

100_0038.JPG

A left-hand half-twist for the rear next to a thumb frt., although I use PAS for the rear most of the time.

Other stuff on or around the handlebars are the 810 displays, a Cycle Lumenator from Grin Cycles and a pair of low-profile Voltmeters from Luna Cycles.

100_0037.JPG

I bulk charge w/ a Mean Well HLG 320H LED power supply and balance with Battery Medics.

100_0016.JPG 100_0018.JPG

Well, that's about it, nothing fancy, just a nice pedal assist bike that has the option of providing the performance of a larger geared motor when I feel the need.

Last edited: