Making Wiring extension cables

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
i want to make up some wiring extension cables with the JST connectors. I have the JST plugs etc, I just need 2,3,4 wire cable. Red black, red black white, etc. Had a search on amazon, closest I can find is alarm cable that is four strand with black outer. Is there a special name for these type of cables?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Be carful most alarm cable is 7 strand of 0.2 and is no longer copper [alloy mix] and only is rated at 12 volt one amp and the insulation melts if you draw to much current try ebay several sellers in the motor parts or boat part supply and in various colours and in short lengths and multi cores

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
Thank you Peter. The cables I am needing to extend on this project are the two x red and black from the brake handles, and perhaps the throttle. I think that these will need to carry 5V. I will check the motor and boat people on eBay as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
i want to make up some wiring extension cables with the JST connectors. I have the JST plugs etc, I just need 2,3,4 wire cable. Red black, red black white, etc. Had a search on amazon, closest I can find is alarm cable that is four strand with black outer. Is there a special name for these type of cables?
Try a bike shop, an online one maybe....

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH