Man with a new Giant

Andy West

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2018
Herefordshire
Hi all!
Nice to be here. I'm Andy and I ride a Giant Explore E +1, currently in South Herefordshire and the Forest of Dean area.

I've had the bike since the start of 2018, ridden it 120+ miles so far, had one flat, had one taste (already!) of being knocked off by a car (a poxy old Fiesta) and have misjudged the battery endurance once.

So I'm having a great time. I used to have a Dawes street bike but I reckon I've already ridden my Giant more than I ever did on the Dawes in years. New lease of life, you might say :)

Anyone else riding anywhere near here?

Reactions: oyster

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello & Welcome Andy :)

Gaz

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Andy,
How you are getting on with your Giant Explore +1?
Would you recommend it?

How does it perform on the hills?

Do you need to keep up a high cadence?

What happens when you reach the 15.5 mph cutoff speed? Do you feel as if you pedalling through treacle or is there little resistance?

What sort of range do you get on average with a 500wh battery?

Have you had any problems with it?

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Andy,
How you are getting on with your Giant Explore +1?
Would you recommend it?

How does it perform on the hills?

Do you need to keep up a high cadence?

What happens when you reach the 15.5 mph cutoff speed? Do you feel as if you pedalling through treacle or is there little resistance?

What sort of range do you get on average with a 500wh battery?

Have you had any problems with it?
April last year was his last activity
I guess he has had no issues yet as generally people ask questions and this has been his only post
There’s also the , Forums aren’t for everyone problem he joined and changed his mind about joining in

Last edited:

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
April last year was his last activity
I guess he has had no issues yet as generally people ask questions and this has been his only post
There’s also the Forums aren’t for everyone problem joined and changed his mind about joining in
Fat Rat,
Thanks.

Reactions: Fat Rat