More help Please Wheels and Tyres

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
i'm having some issues. my plan was always yo change the wheel hubs over from the electric hub to the boardman pro. but i hit a bit issue the amount of spokes lol. so i will have to use the hub supplied. the troble i have the boardman has a 15 inner rim and a 32c Tyre. the electric hub is a 19 inner rim with a 40 Tyre. can i put a 32 Tyre on the electric rim. the Boardman has nice mudguards and when i try the wheel the tyres to thick. ive looked at a sizing guide and what im reading is a 32c tyre is suitable for a 15, 17 and 19 inner rim. does that sound right. thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes. I've put a 25mm tyre on a 19mm rim on the Boardman I converted:

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
thanks d8veh, problem solved. i did want the the front an rear to match but thats out of the window as the spokes mess it all up.

D

Deleted member 4366

I always use KT controllers now. They have a very fast response time, so brake switches aren't a necessity like they used to be when controllers ran on for 2 seconds after you stopped pedalling. I always use hydraulic brakes now, there's no way I'd ever go back to any sort of cable ones, except on my road bike, where I have no choice. If I did have cable brakes, I'd always fit a brake sensor. For them, there's loads of easy options.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
so going off cable brakes, which is best the ones that fit to the caliper of the ones on the levers, as ive broken the cheep crapy levers that came with it and had the brake senors fitted. i took all the bits of the other electric and being honest its absolute cheep rubbish. so ive ended up with a battrie and wheel.

Advertisers