More LBS short sightedness

WezC

Just Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Big Peaks bike shop Ashburton, one to avoid. Last year I spent £732.15 supporting them as my LBS and they are a Bosch Dealer. My Bosch motor has developed an error and Bosch have confirmed it needs to go back. Bosch offered to pay for it to be removed £30.00 and put back (unknown cost), credited back to the shop. But no, the owner who is called Paul Tomlin , sent me a pompous email about bike shop policy and how I didn't buy the bike from them etc etc and wanted an extra £75.00 from me. He never complained about the £732.15 !!
Nothing I hate more than two faced people !! I won't be spending any more money there, nor will I even consider them for my next ebike.
I also will be sending said pompous email to Bosch, Trek, and KTM.
What if I had moved to Devon from Scotland and needed warranty work, that is the whole point of a Dealer Network is it not ?

Nerdycross

Just Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Devon
Big Peaks bike shop Ashburton, one to avoid. Last year I spent £732.15 supporting them as my LBS and they are a Bosch Dealer. My Bosch motor has developed an error and Bosch have confirmed it needs to go back. Bosch offered to pay for it to be removed £30.00 and put back (unknown cost), credited back to the shop. But no, the owner who is called Paul Tomlin , sent me a pompous email about bike shop policy and how I didn't buy the bike from them etc etc and wanted an extra £75.00 from me. He never complained about the £732.15 !!
Nothing I hate more than two faced people !! I won't be spending any more money there, nor will I even consider them for my next ebike.
I also will be sending said pompous email to Bosch, Trek, and KTM.
What if I had moved to Devon from Scotland and needed warranty work, that is the whole point of a Dealer Network is it not ?
Not good.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
A question to trade members who are part of a 'dealer network'....

Do you recieve an upfront payment from the manufacturer for work covering this sort of scenario, similarly to how a Post Office receives an annual payment from Royal Mail to process prepaid mail not purchased in store?

Related Articles

Advertisers