Morning all!

Rivieralad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 12, 2018
Ferndown, Dorset
Hello everybody.
I’ve been mooching around the forum as a guest for a little while so thought it was time I joined as I have convinced myself to go down the ebike route.
I have just landed a new job closer to home, so no more commuting from East Dorset to Bristol each day (just a little too far to cycle, even on a gloriously illegal ebike!). I can now look forward to a 14 mile round trip commute, which on bike is only about 20% on road, 20% on paved cycle paths and the rest gravel tracks...and virtually no hills!
Trouble is I haven’t cycle commuted for a (very) long time and age has taken it’s toll, 57 years old, 5’ 9” and hovering between 14.5 & 15 stone (90 to 96 Kg’ish) and problems with both knees due to much abuse when younger.
Looking to speed up both the commute and achieving a suitable fitness level (not too bad anyway as we do a lot of walking with our dog and are fairly active).
Seriously considering converting my current bike so will be heading across to the right forum later.
Cheers
Chris

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Hi and welcome,

I'm a similar age and have recently converted a bike I purchased specifically for conversion into an ebike and really enjoyed converting the bike and have so far covered around 80 miles on it.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Have fun with whatever path you decide to go down :)