Mtb's!, never mind e-mtb's

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
What is it with people these days, full of self entitlement!.

Mtbing up in woods nearby and although i try and be curtious, i get the usual grumbles from walkers, full of self entitlement and how dare you use this wood for mtbing.

Then the dog owners give me grief despite the fact that in this particular forestry commission wood, it states dogs on leash. The amount of times i'm nearly had a crash with dog owners unable to control their dogs (i've been a dog owner by the way).

Then you get the parents with kids watch out!. At this point i should say my max speed is about 15-17mph on fire tracks and i also shout out and say thank you when passing.

Lately we've had some runs sabotaged, very dangerous if a large log appears on your down hill run. Worst of all there have been 3 reports of wire been put tight across some mtb runs across Kent this year. Can you believe, this could kill someone!!!.

Not to scare anyone, but these days if i do a fast run, unless designated i'll do a slow reecy first. :(

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Being totally new to riding a mountain bike off-road. I've been quite surprised at the blatant staring and purposely standing in the way as I approach. I realise I may look a bit intimidating so in the parks I now take the crash hat off . But anyway I'm often with my little boy and still many walkers stare at you like they want to kill you.

What on earth have mountain bikers Been up to while I've been asleep?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Being totally new to riding a mountain bike off-road. I've been quite surprised at the blatant staring and purposely standing in the way as I approach. I realise I may look a bit intimidating so in the parks I now take the crash hat off . But anyway I'm often with my little boy and still many walkers stare at you like they want to kill you.

What on earth have mountain bikers Been up to while I've been asleep?
There's been an evolution and it gets worse at this time of year. As for dogs.. I've seen more than my fair share of truculent canines. Booby traps.. none so far, thankfully. Although I reckon that I've got them both covered, as best I can, with my point running, dog luring, bomb disposal hound 'Riddick' paving the way. :D

riddick1.jpg

Seriously though, some of those bike booby traps are just downright insane. Hopefully someone will catch them on video someday. Before it's too late. :mad:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I/we have to contend with one N Pearson, and an organisation that doesn't actually know the law, and is incorrect in what they state, or rather they choose to leave out some very crucial details in respect of 'legal' rights of way.

If I didn't know any better, I would say that these look like Hutchinson DZO tracks. ;)

I'd also love to see one the rangers "intercept" the rider of an mtb or eMTB.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited:
  • :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I'd also love to see one the rangers "intercept" the rider of an mtb or eMTB.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I missed this one as well.

Edit.. If you look at the last reply above, there is another name. S Kent. He is yet another that makes threats and comments in respect of mtb riders, and clearly has a few issues beside. Ahhh just saying.

As an addition, this article involves guess who... One S Kent. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/police-looking-for-a-mtber-in-ashdown-forest

I know the initial instinct is to laugh, but seriously these people are insane enough to cause a serious injury to a casual mtber. Most if not all mtbers i have ever met have been pleasant and polite people and range from young guys to women in there 50"s.
Makes the blood boil and frankly these comments should be corrected by the authorities.

Related Articles

Advertisers