MXUS Motor

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

I saw these motors when I was in China, and just had to try one. They're about the same size as a Bafang 250w, but seem to be a bit more powerful. It's rated at 350w. There's two good points of these motors: Firstly, they run up to 24mph (no-load); secondly, they've got the spline for a cassette, so you can have nice gears with 11T top gear.

With a 14 amp controller, it seemed about the same as your average 250w Bafang. I then did a side-by-side test against Saneagle's 250w SWXB Bafang. His controller is set to 22 amps, so I increased mine to 19 amps. In all circumstances (slow, fast, up, down), the MXUS pulled away steadily from the Bafang. We use were both using high discharge 36v batteries, so I don't think they made any difference.

I then tried it with a 22 amp controller, which gave it a bit more climbing power. It just managed our short 14% test hill without pedalling, but only with a fully charged battery.

Finally, I tried it today woth 48v 12S lipos, which brought it to life. It accelerated me steadily up to 20mph up my road, which is a 4% hill. After several laps of the block and test hills, there was no sign of the motor getting warm. I'd say that its performance is similar to the 350w Bafang CST motor.

So, this motor fits in the gap between the standard 250w hub-motors and the bigger heavier 500w ones, although it's the same weight and size as the 250w ones, and it can go a bit faster than the 201 rpm ones that you can get from BMSBattery and Greenbike kit.

I've got a couple spare if anybody wants one.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Damn you!

Just as I was about to pull the trigger on one of Cellmans MAC kits!

DARREN1678

Just Joined
Aug 11, 2012
hi mxus,

how much would you want to buy direct, e.g. no ebay/paypal fee's 130ish be ok?

i don't use pedelecs, very often but am on endlesssphere all the time, handle is darren1678, aswell.

darren