MXUS motors and LCD Display Controllers

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

When I was in China, I saw these motors, which I thought would be really nice, but I had to buy several to get one, so I have some spare £150 each if anybody wants one. I measured the speed at 23 and 24 mph with two different cycle computers, which I think equates to 270rpm. They have the spline for cassette gears so you can build a really nice bike. They will happily run at 250w, but can probably run at about 22 amps for decent hill-climbing. They fill the gap between a normal 250w hub motor and the bigger, heavier BPM motors. They're the same diameter and spoke flange size as a SWX Bafang.

I also got some nice LCD controllers, where you can set the speed-limit up to 35km/h. They also can show voltage and a bar-graph of motor power (no values). £60 each.

D

Deleted member 4366

Here's the controller. It has 5 levels of PAS and is the same size as a KU63. It says 14A on the label, but is supposed to be 18A. If they messed up, I can change it to 18A for you:

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Really like the look of the controller, still need to work out where I am getting the other bits from tho.

D

Deleted member 4366

Just to let you know that I bought some rims, spokes and throttles with my last BMSBattery order, so you can now get the whole kit with the wheel built for £255 plus shipping. You have to get your own battery.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, I still have a few controllers. They come with LCD, pedal sensor and wheel-speed sensors. I also have throttles and in-oine brake sensors for cable brakes. I've got one motor left, plus various slightly used motors in wheels: Q100 201 rpm front and rear in 26"; Bafang SWX front 26"; Q100 rear in 20"; Q100 328 rpm front in 700C. I also have a couple of bare unused Q100s. Send me a PM if you need anything.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Many thanks to Dave for sorting me a controller out in record time, plus some great advice on the way!
I promise I'll post pictures of the conversion when I'm done sourcing batteries!

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Dave,

Would you be able to tell me the differences between S06S, KU65 and the one you sell here?

Thanks
Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

S06S is a sine-wave controller. Should be quieter, smoother and more efficient. Nobody has given any data to confirm the efficiency yet. It's other key feature is what they call "torque simulation", which in normal terms is current control. The different PAS levels give different levels of current, while as with other controllers, you get different speeds from the PAS, and the controller gives an amount of current that's based on the difference of your actual speed from the set speed. The S06S can switch between these two modes.

The KU65 is a basic speed control controller with a LED control panel that has three levels of PAS.

My controllers are speed control controllers with 5 levels of PAS selectable from a LCD.

The S06S that's integrated into the bottle battery is sensorless, so doesn't work with high-speed motors like the 328 rpm Q100.

Reactions: Lampost

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Dave

My s06s is sensor mode only which only works with hall connection. Maybe you mean s06p?

Also, I thought q100 320rpm supports sensorless mode.

Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

I stand corrected. I just checked again and it is a S06P. The same still applies, though. No good for a Q100. Thanks for that. It means that a S06S should be OK with a Q100.

Whether a motor runs sensorless depends more on the controller than the motor for normal motors, but the Q100 runs at higher speed internally, which must be too fast for the controller to maintain sync. I've never successfully run a a Q100 sensorless. They're normally very rough and noisy like that.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Thanks Dave. Btw, Is your LCD controller working on 48?

Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

It'll work on 12S lipos, which is around 48v, but not a 48v battery, that goes up to about 55V.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Thanks. I guess it is the same as KU65 but with nice LCD display then.

Pat

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Great controller and LCD from Dave. Get it set up right and the PAS is very smooth to come in. Had my first ride on my build today and was very impressed. See the build on the "recovering my batteries" thread.

Tension

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2016
Im also looking to get one of these motors and controllers if anyone can help?

D

Deleted member 4366

I might still have a motor in my shed. A S06S controller and S-LCD3 display from BMSBattery would go well with it, or one of their batteries with the included 18A controllers.