My 52v 1500w..loving it...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Been riding for a week now...I have a 52v 17ah from jimmy with 20700 sanyo cells, and a 21ah 48v that can fit in the rear panier bag if needed...loving it... however wish it had abit more low end torque...still yet to find it max range but I think if I stay in PA3 I could get 30-40miles..set top speed to 25mph...not interested in going any faster.... it's heavy!!!!...

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Like a lot of D/D hubs you are finding their Achilles heel, torque at low speed for inclines. Wound for high speed they can't match geared hubs for low end torque, another controller with higher amp load may help if the cells ac handle one or you could try a shunt mod on the controller but need a what meter to fine tune any increase.

• Agree
Reactions: danielrlee

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I hav sanyo 20700 52v 17ah battery...they are 15amp per cell, jimmy said they are the best I could of bought...was thinking of adding some solder to the shunt but as it's already at 30amps do you think it would sensible to make it draw any more?.. I have a watt meter on my lcd3 display would that be enough to measure the increase?.. I'm happy not going over 500w most of the time, just hills seem to slow me down a lot under 15mph...would shunt mod decrease my batterys range?... my wife's bike has a old 1000w front wheel and can't find specs of controller even online...but it has crazy torque from 0mph up to 30mph...it's got no pedal assist, my uncle gave it to me and it's what got me into ebikes...maybe hers is a geared hub..

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Like a lot of D/D hubs you are finding their Achilles heel, torque at low speed for inclines. Wound for high speed they can't match geared hubs for low end torque, another controller with higher amp load may help if the cells ac handle one or you could try a shunt mod on the controller but need a what meter to fine tune any increase.
Done shunt mod...it pulled a wheelie lol...lucky I don't think I have burnt anything out...removed some solder will tune that way untill I get hold of a meter...

Reactions: Derrick Lewis