My Carrera Vengeance Ultimate/ TSDZ2 build (in progress..)

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi Stefan
Tried to convert a cube hyde recently with a gates belt drive and a bbs o1 but it proved to be nightmare as the tension mounts under the bottom bracket fouled the top of the motor had to admit defeat:(
But have managed to convert a charge 29er single speed ok to alfine 8 chain drive ok can you post a picture of the bottom bracket, chain alignment is easy to adjust with spacers check out https://pirez.com.au/ very helpful for spacers and chain wheels

Reactions: StefanK

StefanK

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, that is what id like to avoid! Ok, away from home and the bike for a few days bit will post a picture on sunday.

Hi Stefan
Tried to convert a cube hyde recently with a gates belt drive and a bbs o1 but it proved to be nightmare as the tension mounts under the bottom bracket fouled the top of the motor had to admit defeat:(
But have managed to convert a charge 29er single speed ok to alfine 8 chain drive ok can you post a picture of the bottom bracket, chain alignment is easy to adjust with spacers check out https://pirez.com.au/ very helpful for spacers and chain wheels

StefanK

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Actually forgot I took some pictures previously when I was writing to a Bafang supplier. Let me know if these show the necessary bits. Just to be clear, currently the bike has a chain, I got rid of the gates belt drive as it kept slipping. Apparently the earlier trek soho versions were a bit buggy.

Attachments

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The picture does not show the mounts that stopped mine fitting :) and does not appear to be an eccentric bottom bracket:). It looks like a it might work .how did the old belt tension is the rear wheel mounted in horizontal slots or vertical drop outs if in doubt strip the bottom bracket out and take more pics it is very hard to tell:confused: