My first eMTB and loving it (Cube Hybrid Race)

yusstay

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2010
Angus
Hi All,

I've just bought a Cube Hybrid Race 500 2018 and love it, which is fortunate because I had fallen out of love with cycling in general. I previously purchased a Giant Road E+2 but other than hills it was slower than my non assist road bikes and because of my muddy trails to work on the commute I didn't use it for anything other than a clothes stand. So that went on ebay and now I have my first 29er. It's as comfortable as my first wisper 905 SE I bought back in 2010.

I hope the same happens as back in 2010, I got the bug so much I bought non assist road bikes and lost 4 stone, and my fitness sky rocketed enough to do the 81 mile Caledonia etape and a few other long distance events unassisted.

So for now it's back to basics, get my fitness up and have a lot of fun being on two wheels sliding through muddy puddles!

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Theres a few of us that have this bike, including myself. I use mine for commuting and its great. Which colour dod you get? I wanted the red colour, but back in October when I bought it there were only black ones available..

Last edited:

yusstay

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2010
Angus
I got the same colour as you which is what I was wanting, I had been reading all your posts which helped me decide, so thanks for all your updates and reviews.

Did a wee coffee run today which was great, being used to road bikes, the comfort on this beast is amazing. So much so I was looking for potholes and puddles!

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Your welcome.

Keep an eye on your crank bolts. One of mine came out the other day whilst riding to work resulting in the pedal falling off. I’ve fitted a new one and when I get my torque wrench back I’ll be adding some locktite to it.

Reactions: yusstay

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Hi Guys.... snap.

Also one of my crank bolts did a suicide jump half way down a mountain,

I didn't notice until I took my weight off the pedal at the bottom, I now carry a spare. I assume it wasn't tightened correctly to start with.

Worth just checking all the bolts before you go into the hills ;)

IMG_20170928_155455625_HDR.jpg

yusstay

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2010
Angus
Hi Guys.... snap.

I didn't notice until I took my weight off the pedal at the bottom, I now carry a spare. I assume it wasn't tightened correctly to start with.

Worth just checking all the bolts before you go into the hills ;)

View attachment 24119
I just tightened mine up, do you know what torque they should be?

You have some nice trails along your way, I might take a wee drive down there and have a wee scoot around if I can find where to park.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Hi Guys.... snap.

I didn't notice until I took my weight off the pedal at the bottom, I now carry a spare.
Do you know what the type of crank bolt is called, as i believe different types are available depending on the crank and pedal arm? The guy in the bike shop took one off a display bike and gave it to me so I'm not sure what type it is

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Hi yusstay,

if you are looking for parking near Dunkeld try these.

They are where everyone parks to go walking and cycling, lots of off road options from each car park.

Tried to upload a tidy word document but it's not allowed. :(

Parking1.JPG Parking2.JPG Parking3.JPG

Reactions: yusstay

Related Articles

Advertisers