My first long ride on my new Carrera Crossfire

jonjoe

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
England
A few of you will have seen my previous post deciding which bike to go for. I ended up with the Crossfire due to a few reasons, battery size and range, 700c wheels, price in the sale and BC discount £891, also I had a test ride and it felt easier to ride than my hybrid with 26 inch wheels even without power.

I'm not long back from a 27 mile ride and I have to say I'm impressed. The journey was 13m shale cycle track (ex train line) with mud and a gradiual up hill climb and 14 miles on hilly roads. One of the roads was a 2 mile long hill which I could not cycle up on my hybrid, I'd have to push for the full climb, on the Crossfire I managed it without issue in the hill climb mode, there was another shorter even steeper hill that was also a breeze.

The battery dropped to 50% on mile 14 (after the steep hills) so I decided to switch off power, I was surprised at how easy it was to peddle, I did the next 5 miles without power. Then used a mix of eco and climb for the rest of the ride. When I got back the battery was just under 30%. Taking into account my weight, 17.5 stone, I have to say the battery and motor performed well.

So far I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
A few of you will have seen my previous post deciding which bike to go for. I ended up with the Crossfire due to a few reasons, battery size and range, 700c wheels, price in the sale and BC discount £891, also I had a test ride and it felt easier to ride than my hybrid with 26 inch wheels even without power.

I'm not long back from a 27 mile ride and I have to say I'm impressed. The journey was 13m shale cycle track (ex train line) with mud and a gradiual up hill climb and 14 miles on hilly roads. One of the roads was a 2 mile long hill which I could not cycle up on my hybrid, I'd have to push for the full climb, on the Crossfire I managed it without issue in the hill climb mode, there was another shorter even steeper hill that was also a breeze.

The battery dropped to 50% on mile 14 (after the steep hills) so I decided to switch off power, I was surprised at how easy it was to peddle, I did the next 5 miles without power. Then used a mix of eco and climb for the rest of the ride. When I got back the battery was just under 30%. Taking into account my weight, 17.5 stone, I have to say the battery and motor performed well.

So far I'm very please with my purchase.
Slight issue with your post here... you haven't added any photos of the ride and your bike.. it's almost compulsory to add photos..[emoji56]

jonjoe

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
England
Was along the woodhead pass going from Manchester to Sheffield, there's a valley with a train line converted to a cycle track. Called the Longdendale trail, it's about 6 miles.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
We've an old railway line near us, converted to a cycle path, I've managed to combine it into my daily commute (when in the office), a nice peaceful cycle, but seems to lack much of a view due to trees and the banking. It would be nice if they converted more, there are so many disused lines about.

Reactions: LeighPing

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Welcome jonjoe to the forum and crossfire-e owners club ;)
Glad you're loving the bike, looks like you've got some great countryside to explore on it.
I've had mine since August last year, and have just clocked up 2k miles. Use it commute to work daily, never let me down, plus 45-50 mile day rides at the weekend (on eco)
Enjoy. Take it from me, you'll now always be looking forward to your next ride