my kt 17amp controller has arrived but is square wave not sine wrong connections

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
Oh heck, I just ordered two sine wave 20A controllers from the pswpower website. $24 each, but $37 shipping. If there is a next time, I'll use their aliexpress site.

Will be replacing two square wave six-FET 17A Kt-controllers. I finally got a working sine wave controller and really kike how it was so much quieter. I even like it enough to spend $85 and do the re-wiring (I use Julet motor connectors).

D

Deleted member 4366

Oh heck, I just ordered two sine wave 20A controllers from the pswpower website. $24 each, but $37 shipping. If there is a next time, I'll use their aliexpress site.

Will be replacing two square wave six-FET 17A Kt-controllers. I finally got a working sine wave controller and really kike how it was so much quieter. I even like it enough to spend $85 and do the re-wiring (I use Julet motor connectors).
Don't forget that you need the LCDs to go with them.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I already have the LCD's on the bikes.

You can hear the Q100 motors singing from six feet behind. Other motor/controller combos have not been so loud.

D

Deleted member 4366

I already have the LCD's on the bikes.

You can hear the Q100 motors singing from six feet behind. Other motor/controller combos have not been so loud.
KT controllers are only compatible with KT LCDs.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
PSWpower sells KT units.

By the way, speedometer starting to go flakey when coasting with the PSW sine wave controller. Sometimes flips to zero. Comes back on power reset. Perhaps I'll mount a flasher LED on the white wire and see if it's wheel or controller.

D

Deleted member 4366

You have the wrong speed sensor setting. It's using the motor halls for the speed signal, so speed goes to zero whenever you're freewheeling.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
That would be the P2 setting, which would be 0 for what you describe, D8veh, but mine is set to 1. If I walk the bike around when it's working, I get 2 mph.