Need help selecting ebike

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Sorry IR772 my apologies I couldn't recommend such a powerful bike. It,s motor is illegal even for soundwave, too powerful and not speed limited. Even if it is so cool,value for money etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: IR772

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
You must be having a laugh that bike on ebay looks better suited in the Iraq war as a barricade…

sent via huawei P9

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
I spent 5 years in Suzhou, China and would see these clunky, heavy things and worse flying around the streets, throttle only, even Popeye armed with Spinach would have difficulty pedalling

sent via huawei P9

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Sorry IR772 my apologies I couldn't recommend such a powerful bike. It,s motor is illegal even for soundwave, too powerful and not speed limited. Even if it is so cool,value for money etc.
Surly being "Modern" is the most important factor in everyone's decision

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Surly being "Modern" is the most important factor in everyone's decision
you will have to think Smarter to get the most important design point in deciding what bike is best.;)

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
I spent 5 years in Suzhou, China and would see these clunky, heavy things and worse flying around the streets, throttle only, even Popeye armed with Spinach would have difficulty pedalling

sent via huawei P9
Andy, take yourself up to Wheels at Callander, see Mark, He will let you demo any bike from his hire fleet of over 100. Lots of types you never hear mentioned on here. Some nice 2017 models on the way. Spend as long as you like buzzing round Loch Venacher . Nice day out and proper advice from a really nice guy. Big new facility being built at present will have full service for ebikes with factory trained staff.

Reactions: Andy88

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Buy a woosh or whisper for less than a grand, get over 2 years out of it then buy another for less than a grand and hay presto you have over 4 years cycling for less than the bosh price.
And the first bike might do 5 years anyway :D

In the frame.

Trial ride needed.

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Andy, take yourself up to Wheels at Callander, see Mark, He will let you demo any bike from his hire fleet of over 100. Lots of types you never hear mentioned on here. Some nice 2017 models on the way. Spend as long as you like buzzing round Loch Venacher . Nice day out and proper advice from a really nice guy. Big new facility being built at present will have full service for ebikes with factory trained staff.
Not to far from me, if I get a chance next week al go and have a look.

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Got the chance for a flying visit today, the guy seems to know his stuff and was very helpful and was going to get some bikes out for me to try but I didn't have time. The new premises should be up and running in a few weeks (somebody's going to be busy) and he said if I give him a call the day before I go he will have the bikes charged and ready to go and I can try a few different ones out which will be good cause av only tried my own (rear hub conversion kit)I really liked the look of the Scott sub sport.