Need new battery

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I have a rear wheel hub and it is fine. After I had a heart attack and to assist me I fitted a front wheel hub as well (only for riding off road tracks obviously) it makes all the difference being as I also have worn out knees. I only use the front hub when I struggle on uphill sections but that battery has gone legs up. It`s 36V and would like to replace it with something more than 10amp. That battery is in a bag on the rear carrier so I don`t have to worry about specific design although kettle plug fitting would make it easier. Looking around on Amazon and e bay etc there are lots of options. The better ones are very expensive but there are a number around or just over £200 and as it is just a back up I`m thinking that should do me. So, where to buy is my question and a new charger to match would be an added bonus.
Thanks for any pointers
Dave

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
As you don't need a specific shape, speak to Jimmy at Insat/BGA reworking. He is THE battery geek. He can make one for you, discuss the best cells for your needs and make it as a soft pack battery sized to fit your bag. And all for less than you will pay for a proprietary one. Some one will be along shortly to give you the current link, I'm sure.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
As you don't need a specific shape, speak to Jimmy at Insat/BGA reworking. He is THE battery geek. He can make one for you, discuss the best cells for your needs and make it as a soft pack battery sized to fit your bag. And all for less than you will pay for a proprietary one. Some one will be along shortly to give you the current link, I'm sure.
I ordered one from Germany that I found, seems like a decent firm with good reviews. However, I went out on the bike this morning just using the rear hub and that battery is well on it`s way out as well so the chap you are referring to could maybe refurbish the original? the bike is the forerunner of the Oxygens that takes the drop in battery behind the seat post and would need to be of the same design. I can buy a new Oxygen battery but they are very expensive so a refurb would be good if someone can provide me with the guys details.
Thanks for your help
Dave

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I ordered one from Germany that I found, seems like a decent firm with good reviews. However, I went out on the bike this morning just using the rear hub and that battery is well on it`s way out as well so the chap you are referring to could maybe refurbish the original? the bike is the forerunner of the Oxygens that takes the drop in battery behind the seat post and would need to be of the same design. I can buy a new Oxygen battery but they are very expensive so a refurb would be good if someone can provide me with the guys details.
Thanks for your help
Dave
All OK now, I purchased one and it works a treat.
Dave