New 26" XF08C rear wheel kit with 13AH Battery, cassette fitting, easy wiring, £499

D

Deleted member 4366

They're very good motors. I think that's what Awol has used to do about 14,000 miles. I sold a few to forum members. The ones I had had one drawback. They lacked torque and didn't respond very well to higher currents, so not suitable foe heavy riders with hills, particularly if the speed is more than 250 rpm.

Woosh, can you comment on that? MXUS told me that I might have had the Chinese versions, which have weaker magnets and thinner wire in the windings. Did you get anybody heavy to try one up Pier Hill.

Reactions: Andy88

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I never found mine lacking in torque, it managed all the Basque Country hills I pointed it at, ciclotek claim 32Nm.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They're very good motors. I think that's what Awol has used to do about 14,000 miles. I sold a few to forum members. The ones I had had one drawback. They lacked torque and didn't respond very well to higher currents, so not suitable foe heavy riders with hills, particularly if the speed is more than 250 rpm.

Woosh, can you comment on that? MXUS told me that I might have had the Chinese versions, which have weaker magnets and thinner wire in the windings. Did you get anybody heavy to try one up Pier Hill.
We still have the test bike somewhere in the workshop. The last time I rode it, I run it at full 18A power. These motors are good and quiet, very pleasant. I'll ask Andy to give it a test ride this afternoon.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just taken the 2016 version of the CST hub kit out for a spin, great fun to ride, smooth and quiet, plenty of power available on the hills (I'm not the lightest person in the world). Pier Hill as mentioned above is reasonably long but not all that steep, Palmeira Ave in Southend-on-Sea is steeper, and the kit handles this well.

Andy.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is the hub kit available with out a battery ?
And as d8veh has also asked what it the hub rpm rating.

D

Deleted member 4366

Just taken the 2016 version of the CST hub kit out for a spin, great fun to ride, smooth and quiet, plenty of power available on the hills (I'm not the lightest person in the world). Pier Hill as mentioned above is reasonably long but not all that steep, Palmeira Ave in Southend-on-Sea is steeper, and the kit handles this well.

Andy.
OK, That's fair enough. What's your weight - about 85-90 kg?

What's happened to Trex?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is the hub kit available with out a battery ?
And as d8veh has also asked what it the hub rpm rating.
Hello Neal,
Sorry no.
The controller is bolted to the battery base, that pretty much limits your choices of batteries to the HL casing. You can upgrade the battery to 15AH for £50, but there are no other options at the moment.
Maximum RPM: I don't know the winding but the LCD shows 20.5mph on throttle (about 260 RPM). Andy said he can cruise nicely at 20-21mph if he wants to. He can of course pedal faster than that.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Can this kit be fitted with my existing 9 speed cassette and am I right in thinking that with 15AH battery it would cost £549 ?
Dave.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: D C

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hello Neal,
Sorry no.
The controller is bolted to the battery base, that pretty much limits your choices of batteries to the HL casing. You can upgrade the battery to 15AH for £50, but there are no other options at the moment.
Maximum RPM: I don't know the winding but the LCD shows 20.5mph on throttle (about 260 RPM). Andy said he can cruise nicely at 20-21mph if he wants to. He can of course pedal faster than that.
I can confirm 32 km/h, there is a faster wind version which should do about 40 km/h with a 17 Amp controller.

A question for Woosh: I have seen those controllers sold with a battery support do they exist "naked" if you already have a battery case?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A question for Woosh: I have seen those controllers sold with a battery support do they exist "naked" if you already have a battery case?
they come in an HL battery cradle. I suppose we could sell them without the battery but Hatti does not like to support complicated spares sales.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Can this kit be fitted with my existing 9 speed cassette and am I right in thinking that with 15AH battery it would cost £549 ?
Dave.
Yes, Dave.

Reactions: D C

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
how many nm is the moter please
The motor pulls well even at 15 Amps you just need the right gearing to help it along. I would suggest a 48-38 chainring with a 26" wheel. I did most of my riding in assistance level 4 of 5 so 7.5 Amps and 270 W nominative.

I hope to put this motor in a trike later in the year I will be using 53-38 on the front and a DNP 7 speed 11-32 on the back (unless I win the loto in which case I'll put a pinion C.12 on the front... :D).