New bike for sale

paulhumphries

Just Joined
Nov 5, 2006
First off - I'm not a dealer but an enthusiast.

I was looking for a cheap bike for myself and have ended up a couple of surplus new ones - still in boxes and unopened.

I could be greedy and expect to sell for profit but just want to get my outlay back.

I therefore am willing to sell the bikes for £85 each !

They are small folding, 24v / 180 watt with detachable battery pack to it can be taken out and charged inside (by side of desk at work ?).

Single speed pedal operation but I'm going to convert to 3 speed for my own use.

There are dual freewheels on rear wheel - one for pedal and other for electric.

Motor is mounted in frame behing crank giving easy scope for fitting a larger unit by simple bolting in rather than any other modifications. It was this aspect which made me buy the first bike for myself.

Made in China but to be honest quality isn't too bad.

16" wheels with front suspension.

Anyone interested can look, check everything OK, I'll assemble with them if necesssary etc as I dont' want anyone to think they might be ripped off.
They can also have a ride on mine to see what the performance is like.
No problem if people then decide they aren't what they are after.

I was told the bikes retail for just under £300. I doubt this but to be honest have seen the same bikes, but used and not working / faulty selling on eBay for the amount I'm asking for them new !

Anyone tempted then you are more than welcome to contact me, probably best direct, at paul.humphries87@ntlworld.com

Sorry but I cann't accept less than the £85 asking price as I'd then be "out of pocket" so no offers.

I'll try and take a photo later

Paul Humphries,
Stoke-on-Trent

paulhumphries

Just Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Hi Paul, any joy with the photos?
Haven't had chance to take photo's yet.

I assembled the bike that I'm keeping for myself yesterday and, despite the rain, took it out for a run.
I'm overweight (just under 16 stone) yet it pulled me along OK on flat at 3/4 throttle. Slight slopes needed full throttle and hills pedal asssitance.
Quite comfortable as sprung saddle, chunky tyres and teli front forks.
Only assembly problem was the front brake. It's a Vee type and took a while to get it set up right.

If it stays dry I'm going to fit a cycle computer today to check speed and take it out again - great fun :)

Paul Humphries.

paulhumphries

Just Joined
Nov 5, 2006
I've been out for a ride so took my camera.
Unfortunatley I forgot it was on lowest resolution so the pictures are as good as I'd want.
They can be seen at -
http://ntlworld.photobox.co.uk/album/4418391
It would seem NTL degrade the photo's even further (I assume so you buy the higher quality ?) as the ones I posted were far better than viewable now.

This is my own bike.
The one's I'm selling have the battery box in same colour as the frame and also a mesh cover on left hand side over the motor / wiring.

Paul Humphries.

Last edited:

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Hi Paul

They look ok, great for the price your asking. Can I ask:-

Do you have any photos of them folding/folded?
Are they easy to fold?
How much do they weigh?
Whats their stats roughly (distance, speed, that type of thing)?

Thanks

John